Author Topic: Saitek Evo Calibration  (Read 386 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« on: May 23, 2004, 07:18:20 AM »
I'm running the latest SST drivers which are "self-calibrating" in Wndows XP CP's. I normally calibrate when 1st entering AH1 and it's fine. In AH2, I need to re-calibrate over and over again. Sometimes 4X in a 30 minute sortie. Any known cure?

DmdMax

Offline Gruuug

• Zinc Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 02:43:01 PM »
I haven't had this problem under Win2K running "generic" drivers that windows loaded with my Cyborg and it holds its settings between games/reboots.

However a friend of mine under Win2K with generic drivers has to calibrate every time he starts the game with his EVO, though it stays in calibration once its set.

My stick is hyper-sensitive under AH2, making the game unplayable, even with its settings very low.

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 06:55:47 PM »
I have same stick and have no problems at all..  Did you use settings folder from AH1.. I did and all is ok.
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 09:11:56 PM »
Originally posted by Wax
Did you use settings folder from AH1..  

Yup

Offline Jayclark

• Copper Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 11:57:54 PM »
My brother has a Saitek joy stick. Not for sure what model. But after using beta 35 for two days it is to sensative to use at all.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 08:59:51 AM »
Originally posted by Jayclark
My brother has a Saitek joy stick. Not for sure what model. But after using beta 35 for two days it is to sensative to use at all.

That's pretty easily dealt with by way of increasing the damping and/or deadband slider. Inconsistant spiking is a zebra of different stripes.

Offline Gruuug

• Zinc Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:57:24 AM »
I finally got my Saitek joystick working right!!!

Dampening, deadband, etc did not help.  But I reset everything back to default and went through the calibration again.  But this time very carefully and making sure I did not move the Yaw and Pitch when adjusting the rudder.  Since then it has worked great.

Lesson: Be very careful when doing your calibrations :-)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Saitek Evo Calibration
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 04:39:28 PM »
Gruug when you say to "set everything back to default" --- what are you referring to?

thanks ~ DmdMax