Author Topic: and the gangbang continues  (Read 770 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
and the gangbang continues
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
We have a rook pilot that is nearing his 2 week trial end. He has been gangbanged for his entire two weeks. He cant understand why the game is the way it is. The three country thing just doenst make sense to him. I told him that it has been bad for a while in the pacific evenings, but that at other times we prob were doing the same to one of the other counties.
He had been getting dove on at 8 for several hours last night so he took a P38 and flew up between 14 23 13 23 .. He was supprised to see not a single con in the air. I said the dar shows that...He said so for the past weeks when the I have looked at radar and the only fights were over our base both entire counties were fighting us that whole time?
This seems to happen every night. If the rooks can weather it, it stops arround 10-11 pac time. But there is almost an uninterupted gangbang waged against the rooks for most of the night for several weeks now. Maybe at 1 in the afternoon it is different.
I know that HT and co find this a non issue.  It is an issue, AH is hard to play, there are plenty of pilots out there that can hand your butt to ya co-alt 1 on 1, 8 out of 10 times. Give them superior numbers and E advantage and try to enjoy your 2 weeks enough to pony up your 30 per month.
After two weeks of it the rooks seem disorganised. We are probably whining too much about it but only half the whines are making it to open channel.
As a trainer I really enjoy getting a reasonably clued in newby involved in what the Crew and the Muskiteers are up to and showing them the ropes of teamwork and comunication that make AH such a great experiance.
I would have to tell them to fly Bish or Knight right now. There is not time for tutoring in Rookland the last few weeks.  
Its defence of the reich night most nights.

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2000, 10:06:00 AM »
Pongo,

Nobody said that there isn't any 2:1 scenarios going on.  What will be seriously disputed is someone crying wolf in this particular situation.

If you believe this is only happening to rooks.. try flying knights for a couple of weeks.  I guarantee you will wonder how someone can even get gang-banged more than the rooks.  I have a pretty good screenshot of 20 red cons on dar on both of our borders.  We had 17 people total at the time.  This was during peak hours.

The simple truth is that people will look for an advantage any way that they can get it.  If it means always hanging out 15k above the enemy with numbers, then they will do it.  If it means having a bomber go in and take out ack simply so they can vulch, they will do it.  Very few people play this game simply for the challenge of a 1:1.  I'm not sure that anyone should really be playing AH if that's all they are interested in.

There needs to be more of a push towards strategy.  At times the ability to strategically chose your battles can make all the difference in the world.  How many times does a country get in a gang bang scenario because they have 80% of their resources flying out of that one captured base in bish land... and 2 of their bombers decide to try to take a field on the knights side.  How many times do the rooks have bases in both Knight and Bish land... only to have both countries push back, take the bases back, then keep on pushing?

AKDejaVu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Och, Laddie, so new the othir lads won't play the game as YEW expect? Tsk, Tsk..the nairve of those uninfarmed bastages!

For yew said:

"What I dinnae expect was for ALL the nits to come down and fight us, and then ALL the bish head down to the 5-6 area. I figured the bish would take advantage of the major distraction we had just thrown into nitland and would push on to take 23 or 24."

Pairhaps yew shud post EXACTLY how the rest of the "greaaaat ooonwashed" should be playin, so's we can all abide by yer wishes.

DejaVu....Totally agree on the strat issue!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2000, 12:22:00 PM »
                  http://members.home.net/ereid/hawg.jpg",%20"f"">                  
---------------------------------------------- Ain't she purtie------------------------------------------                              
                 http://members.home.net/torqss/picts/groupSKY.gif",%20"f"">                

Ah....pigs can't fly.....ummmmm or can they                        

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 03-07-2000).]

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2000, 01:06:00 PM »
Purty? Looks like "Chicken of the Sea" from my viewpoint.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
CaveJ:
"Within 15 minutes of us
                   getting 22 the usual gangbang was on again as the bishcuits and nits were totally ignoring each other. Not
                   a single marker to be found around 13-14-23-24
                   BTW, the bish had the most pilots this morning.

This toejame has gotten awfully old."

Yup, about as old as parking a B26 at the end of a runway and shooting folks as  they spawn, that day Knights had the least amount of folks online...sound familiar?

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them."

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-07-2000).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2000, 04:17:00 PM »
Nice Photo  

Allways FairPlay....  

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2000, 10:40:00 PM »
Caveman,

Enough with your squeakin' & moanin'!  Deal with it, whiner.  You spout on about how Rooks get routinely 'gang banged', yet just last weekend I spent at least 2 hours alone fighting your motley crew at 1:8 odds.  Did you hear me whine, squeak, scream, or moan?  No!  You took at least 4 fields from the Knights with me as sole defender, sending out multiple c47 missions after sending out a b26 on a 'bombing tour'.  By the time I logged two comrades had joined me in defending against what was now 9 Rooks at which point they were making for our HQ.

You're definitely no Highlander, more like a lowland reiver, it seems...

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2000, 12:37:00 AM »
Whoa, was I a little pissed, or what?

Okay, Caveman, I came on a little too strong.  But, do try to accept the vagarities of the arena.  And I'll try to keep my head in a bucket of ice.

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2000, 05:15:00 AM »
I logged on about the same time cave did or a little bit later.. sides mostly evenly split..

We had the numbers on our side down at 5.
(since Nits Bishies were playing up high...

Then the rooks made a major tactical BLUNDER.... (hitting 22)

Sorry Cave but it was a dumb move on the rooks part...

The rooks (at least the 2 that went and got 22, then bailed when the Gangbang started..) brought it on themselves....

was a DUMB move.. no question about it..

We deserved what we got last night for being STUPID.....

------------------
GreyBeard
Flight Commander, Aces High
"Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2000, 05:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
ROFLMAO!

Somebody get me another depends... I just peed myself laffin again.

Hang
TDY/357th Pony Express

LOL Someone send hand some Diapers, please !!!!

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
KNIGHT'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

JG2 "Richthofen"
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-16-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.