Author Topic: Coaxial Machine gun  (Read 544 times)

Offline otoole

• Zinc Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:22:41 PM »
Can anybody tell how to fire the coaxial MG on the panzer.  I tried to fire the sec. wep but it just fired the main gun.  I tried to select primary weapon but it toggled shell type, I toggled secondary weapon same thing.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 05:28:55 PM »
Key #1 - Driver
Key #2 - Big Gun
Key# 3 - Top Machine Gun Turret
Key# 4 - Pintle Gun ( low Machine Gun in the front )

hope that helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 05:30:46 PM »
You have to change crew positions to fire the other machine guns. Either fire button will work.

The crew positions on the tanks are #1 Driver, #2 Gunner, #3 Pintle Gunner and #4 Hull Gunner.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »
Now this relates to AH1, not AH2.
I know from the main BIG gun in a Panzer, the alt x I found fires that gun. It just starts it firing and I had to change positions to get it to stop.
How did I find these keystrokes?  In keymapping, there's where you'll find what any key will do.
[ Going to double check this and will EDIT if needed. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:20:34 PM »
The button to fire the coaxial machinegun is the Sec. Wep button, n the vehicle section of the stick mapping window.
This is seperate from the pintle and hull machineguns.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 01:20:02 PM »
I don't believe I ever changed my default keys for this.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
I don't believe I ever changed my default keys for this.

Its not in the key mapping section--its in stick mapping. Its a button command (B1, B2, B3 etc.)--not a macro. Which is why I never knew it existed (not that I'm found driving vehicles much anyway). If you have your secondary fire command set as b ( as I do) try changing it to the stick's default button #2--it works!

Guess I'll have to make a new profile for GV's with a button command instead of a macro (B2 I think it was) so I can hose things with the co-axial gun.:D

Thanks for pointing that out Inom. That's a fairly hidden feature.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 04:22:56 PM »
The coax is kinda cool, you do have to map it as Inom pointed out, I found that out a while ago but missed this thread.  Unfortunately it is not all that useful, all the coax are small calibre and have a large "beaten pattern" when fired (bullets spray all over).  At typical GV engagement ranges in AH1 they are not that useful for ranging and get knocked out when the main gun does.

Maybe in AH2, with the apparant drop in typical engagement ranges, it will be more useful.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 04:27:54 PM »
first time I heard of it, my apologies for providing info you already knew, and a thank you to Inomin8 and fuzeman and soda for the heads up.  I am going to go read up / review the gv keys in stick mapping section....thanks again!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline otoole

• Zinc Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 08:18:41 AM »
I really apprieciate you guys replying and hooking me up. I know it seemed a little trivial but you never know when those xtra rounds would come in handy( taking down the town or aircraft since i cant hit squat with the pintle gun) THX alot:aok :aok

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
Coaxial Machine gun
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »
does this coax exist on the M8 as well.

Now let me see if i understand this thread some of the vehicles have another gun that you don't switch to (except to switch to the Main gun) and can be fired by firing your secondary weapon button if you have mappped it on your stick or by hitting ALT x.

If this is the case it would explain why when you look at your rounds for the main gun you have something like 1200+ rounds for the main.