Author Topic: Man  (Read 138 times)

TT

Man
« on: March 09, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »
 HTC gotta do something about the magic 1 ping HO spit. And dont tell me to duck, I try.

it has 2 20,s and 2 50, it should be weaker than a p51 in one type of shooting. and weaker than at f4u1c at the other.  It is stronger than both in an HO????????

[This message has been edited by TT (edited 03-09-2000).]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Man
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
He He He shoot back  

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Crew
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Man
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2000, 01:42:00 PM »
As far as I'm concerned the spit IX is the deadliest plane in the game from a gunnery perspective. The # of 1 ping deaths is unreal. I've noticed that the 205 hit's awful hard also compared to others...I'm confused by the apparent weakness of the 38's 1x20mm,4x.50 in relation to these two, however I dont hit much with the 38 so I may be wrong there.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Man
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2000, 02:40:00 PM »
I simply have not seen this from the spit.  Most of the 1 ping kills I experienced where as a result of actually watching the enemy come at my aircraft.  I know it was a pilot kill.  This would simply happen when good pilots were around.

What I do know about spits is that with the F4u-1C it only takes 1 ping to take off the outer tip of their wing.  The spit is very difficult to land when this happens... I haven't seen an enemy survive one yet.  I'd venture to say that the wings come off the spits even easier than they do from N1ks.

They may seem all powerfull at times, but that's only because they don't have any real weakness as far as turning,climbing and weapons go.  The downside is they aren't the leader in any of these categories either.

Many experienced pilots fly spits, as well as many newbies.  The same is true of the 38, yet the 38 somehow manages to stay above a 1:1 k/d ration while the spit is always below it.  Those are really the only two planes you can adequately compare that in that category because they see a similar level of use and variation in pilot skill.

One of the planes I've killed the most is the spitfire.  The second is the 38.  If these are the most lethal aircraft in the arena, then I haven't seen it from my seat.

AKDejaVu

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Man
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2000, 04:00:00 PM »
I think the spit ratio is lower because there have been far more newbie missions to experienced missions flown in than the P-38.
A higher percentage of people who fly the 38 are good pilots to newbies - say 50/50. Whereas the spit IS the newbies workhorse something more like 80/20 newbie/experiened pilots.

Also, you said that the spit doesn't appear to be a deadly plane, its the pilot that makes the plane deadly. As for why it dont 'appear' deadly see above.

I love the spit, its the only kite i can really can trust to mix it up   Just wait till we get the 14   OH BABY.

As for the 1 ping death, i've never seen that. Wish it happened for me. I've hammered some planes with everything but the lunchbox in the spit and some planes have kept on flying  

------------------
Supreme Mega-Overlord Spatula
"...perfect for serving"

=1st Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assualt Group=

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 03-09-2000).]
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

TT

Man
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2000, 08:41:00 PM »
 Not to dwell, but i am talking about the HO only. The ROF and time on target, of the spit, make sense at all other angles.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Man
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2000, 08:48:00 PM »
LOL!  The simplest answer is to avoid HOs with spits then.

I guess that's why I don't really understand the problem with their gun dammage... I don't press HOs with any aircraft.

AKDejaVu