Author Topic: AH2 Rocks!  (Read 233 times)

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
AH2 Rocks!
« on: June 18, 2004, 12:30:39 PM »
Now that AH2 is launched, and we have a full arena, I was finally able to see the results of all the changes.

The eye candy is nice, but my personal preferences is always for game play.

The old AH was rather arcadish with the gunnery damage model that allowed you to easily smoke a bogey at D800+   This meant that ACM was not much needed as someone in a LA7 or NIKI was going to climb up your six and hammer you from D1000 if you tried any attack under 450 mph. All that mattered was your tactics entering a fight, gunnery was easy, and you probably wouldn't egress.

Now I get a bogey on my six, I can probably survive.  There were at least a dozen situations last night where I would have been blown out of the sky in AH1, but I managed to escape relatively unscathed, blew a lot of e, but other than that OK. And I have actually ended up in a couple of 1 on 1's where the two of us fought to the bitter end without some other pilot coming in and making the kill on either myself or the bogey.

What I am saying is the new gunnery/damage model makes the game more playable, thus more enjoyable.

Luv'in it !

AKFokerFoder+

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AH2 Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 12:37:01 PM »
This meant that ACM was not much needed[i/]

It's why something will have to change. I'm not sure it works.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
AH2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:50:35 PM »
What I was trying to say was that in the old AH1 any guns defensive was probably only going to get you killed from a long range sniper shot.

I think you will find that the new AH2 will give you a much better chance of surviving.

Example last night the Knits were vulching one of the Bish fields, we came in with alt, eventually we ended up on the deck.  I killed a F4U, and found the inevitable NIKI on my six with a D600 under his icon. I kicked in the after burners on my Pony D, did some mild evasives and managed to survive long enough for a fellow countryman to bounce the NIKI. In AH1 the NIKI would have shredded my plane,  but I wasn't even pinged!

You are going to have to get in a more realistic range to make kills now.  I have set the convergence for my Pony's guns to 300, in AH1 I was setting them to 400.  I may even look to closer settings of 250.

In short I think it is working better :)

AKFokerFoder+

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
AH2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 02:03:24 PM »
Mine are set 250

~AoM~

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
AH2 Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 02:07:58 PM »
Gunnery is mucho la' nacho better...Now ground terrain... I dont think is much better and the trees(no not the Rush song Pyro) frustrate me a bit.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**