Author Topic: In order to help HTC get the bugs out  (Read 268 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
In order to help HTC get the bugs out
« on: June 25, 2004, 12:36:38 PM »
It would be very handy if when you reported a bug you gave your complete system specs, including the operating system, all hardware, the drivers, the flight gear, and the clock speeds you are running.

I'm certain this would make the job a lot easier for the HTC staff, since they wouldn't have to ask people about their systems when they report a bug, and then wait for a reply that may or may not come.

If they had all your specs when you posted a bug or tech issue, they could immediately check to see if this is a problem specific to a certain piece of hardware, software, or setting. The amount of time saved that could be devoted to fixing the problem, or getting more features, could likely be considerable.

We should all do our part to make the job easier for HTC, so that we get what we ask for (including getting issues resolved)faster. Customer service is a two way street, they can't help you if they don't have all the information they need.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Specs in Signature
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 01:43:45 PM »
I took someone's advice and placed the specs in the signature.  In most cases, this is helpful data and probably not a huge waste of time and space when it's not helpful, so a reasonable compromise.  (he says in one breath).
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)