Author Topic: C-202 and 205  (Read 1144 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« on: July 06, 2004, 10:38:36 PM »
Blast away guys but do we not get credit for ditchers? They aslo seem to hit the water (when over water :rolleyes: ) and slide to a stop without going boom. I dont mean a nice landing ditch, I mean a "missing wings and chit" hit the water.

Also not that it really matters but I also have been getting a lot of assists but they dont register.

Anyway, flame away oh my faithfull enemies;)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
C-202 and 205
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 08:11:42 AM »
You do not get a kill for a ditch.
You get a kill for a capture.

Difference between the 2 is if in enemy or friendly territory.

HiTech

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:24:01 PM »
Does the system awarded a kill when a plane ditches because they run out of gas in enemy territory?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
C-202 and 205
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 12:33:16 PM »
Ditching in enemy territory is a capture. So yes kills would be awarded.

HiTEch

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
C-202 and 205
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 12:38:59 PM »
If you really ...really  and I mean really want to avoid this then upon ditching  bail  (ie step out of ac) and then walk back to freindly territory and then rtb..........
Ludere Vincere

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 12:47:16 PM »
if(noplanedmg&&isenemyterritory)
{
   //captured
}
else
{
   //captured
   //award kill
}

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 04:38:35 PM »
As an occasional ditcher, I've found ditching, like apparently most other aspects of AH2, tougher and apparently more realistic than AH1.

Unless I come down perfectly, a ditch attempt turns into a crash, whether on water or land.  Had a couple ditches that might have survived in AH1, but not in AH2.  Which seems to be a good thing.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 05:32:48 PM »
Hitech,
I was under the impression that the "shooter" was being rewarded for "removing an aircraft out of action" not killing or capturing the pilot ?!?

If the plane lands in the water (AFTER BEING SHOT UP BEYOND BEING ABLE TO REMAIN AIRWORTHY), should it not be distroyed as it sinks to the muddy bottom? Why is this not considered a kill credit, weather in allied or axis territory, and right in the middle of the action withen sight of the shooter!!!!!

Same for his or her own friendly area! If there is a fight and the con ditches withen "sight" of the shooter, the shooter should be rewarded for removing an aircraft from service! However, on land there is not much room for ditching which is good, but in the water?..lol, the bloody plane is GONE and should be given credit to the shooter for...let me see..."shooting it down"?

Thanks

PS: Here is the way I would do it.
1. Of course the inflight "Kill"= Credit. The pilot has his proof on "gun camera" or "whitnessed" by fellow pilot or "ground" "spotter" personel.
2. Whitness (other than "gun camera")= Credit. The con dithes or crashes in the water or on ground withen sight of the pilot or a whitness (other allies withen sight say D15 (fifteen) in allied or axis territory even if the shooter is long gone.

Is this not the way it was done in WWII?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 05:47:10 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 08:44:38 PM »
(Quote)

HiTech

(Unquote)

No difference in above whether water or land.

I agree if a plane is taken out of action by enemy fire the loss theoretically is a kill since the stat is for the machine not the operator.  

I think the gray area is potential restoration of plane to service.  Land or water, some ditched planes return to service.  But what percentage probably varies a great deal.

It's another game call.  I have no quarrel with the above, but I get irritated when ditching not because of damage but because of being out of fuel and a nearby enemy pilot gets credit for "killing" me even if I and the plane are intact even at the fringe of enemy territory.

But, literally, gotta draw the line somewhere.  Maybe somebody can figure a more equitable system someday.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 10:09:54 PM »
IMHO taking an AC out of the fray should always count for something. Could damage to a plane that manages to ditch be scored as an assist-25% of a kill? After all, the loser gets 75% of a landing.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 01:15:50 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
(Quote)

HiTech

(Unquote)

No difference in above whether water or land.

I agree if a plane is taken out of action by enemy fire the loss theoretically is a kill since the stat is for the machine not the operator.  

I think the gray area is potential restoration of plane to service.  Land or water, some ditched planes return to service.  But what percentage probably varies a great deal.

It's another game call.  I have no quarrel with the above, but I get irritated when ditching not because of damage but because of being out of fuel and a nearby enemy pilot gets credit for "killing" me even if I and the plane are intact even at the fringe of enemy territory.

But, literally, gotta draw the line somewhere.  Maybe somebody can figure a more equitable system someday.

Why is it HTC allows a proxy kill for a augre or empty fuel in nemy territory but not for a plane you shot the crap aout of but mages to ditch? I from now on, will not allow any one to ditch with a , I will simply spray ammo on him till the bastage blows the F@#$ up!  I thought the point was to allow someone the chance to ditch knowing HE was not able to fight any longer! I remember getting yelled at for continuing to shoot at some one while trying to ditch! Yelled at because they could no longer fight and I was being bad by not letting them ditch in piece. Kinda like shooting a chute...why? The plane is out of action and should be considered a "kill"....and let the SOB ditch in piece!

1. Reprogram kill credits
2. Remove proxie credits!?

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 02:00:16 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Why is it HTC allows a proxy kill for a augre or empty fuel in nemy territory but not for a plane you shot the crap aout of but mages to ditch? I from now on, will not allow any one to ditch with a , I will simply spray ammo on him till the bastage blows the F@#$ up!  I thought the point was to allow someone the chance to ditch knowing HE was not able to fight any longer! I remember getting yelled at for continuing to shoot at some one while trying to ditch! Yelled at because they could no longer fight and I was being bad by not letting them ditch in piece. Kinda like shooting a chute...why? The plane is out of action and should be considered a "kill"....and let the SOB ditch in piece!

1. Reprogram kill credits
2. Remove proxie credits!?

As far as I know , you get 0 points for proxie kills.
  and always ignore the red guy who yells at you for killing him

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flit
As far as I know , you get 0 points for proxie kills.
  and always ignore the red guy who yells at you for killing him

I dont care about "points". Actually I wish HTC would remove all points stuff.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2004, 09:35:05 PM »
If I've been in a great fight with someone and he/she suddenly scoots or suddenly stops shooting or otherwise dramatically changes the engagement, I'll usually check why.  

If out of fuel or ammo is the reason, I'll often let 'em go and usually with a salute for a good fight.  

That's the noble unrealistic WWI knights of the sky chivalry which, when you think about it, was unfair to both opposing countries since their other troops were dying in the trenches and spared pilots could return to kill other comrades.  

But if it's the usual melee with no particular merit for either of us, I usually will stay in WWII total war mode and follow the enemy down to make sure he doesn't escape with a ditch.  I don't usually shoot chutes, but in total war I understand why people do and cannot condemn them for that.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
C-202 and 205
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2004, 11:24:05 PM »
I guess if you're really wound up tight about the number of so-called "kills" you get, this might actually be an issue.

As for me, I'll continue to allow people to ditch when it's apparent they're doing so ... particularly if they gave me a good fight.
And I'll continue to be thankful to those who allow me the same courtesy when I'm out of the fight.

All this knowing full well there are plenty of players who will take the cheap kill when it's available, and then beeatch about it if they don't get a number added to their tally.  

Splash1