Author Topic: Ok how do ya do it?  (Read 343 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Ok how do ya do it?
« on: July 27, 2004, 06:11:46 PM »
Ok I think I asked this question once before but I never got a complete responce.

How does one go about  taking an AH film editing it, addiing music then converting it to a viewable (AVI for example) format?

What software/hardware is needed?

Anyone know of any tutorials out there?
And if there arent any.. why the hell not? LOL

Would love to try my hand at it  but havent a clue as to how to go about it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Ok how do ya do it?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 07:33:23 PM »
Hiya's /IT\  :)

From the AH film viewer you can select just portions of the film if you just have certain scenes you want to use from different films.

To do this all you need to do is scroll the film to the beginning of the portion you want and click on "start select" in the viewer window.

You can of course just use an entire film to save as well.

In order to save your selection as an AVI click on the "save as AVI" tab, select the resolution and file type from the menu that drops down.

It will take a while to save (much longer than the film runs in real time). You can do some editing (changeing viewpoints etc while it is saving) durinig this.

Once you have saved it as an AVI remember where you saved it to.

Now you are going to need a medium to  import it to and edit it to what you want.

I use Windows Movie Maker (its free, is not very good but will get you started).

Windows MV will allow you to import the films and import the audio you want to use. From there its alot of dicking around, editing, swearing, beating dogs and kids etc to get a finished video.

Hope this helps;)

Cheers,

RTR  (Was Rtrhd in AW)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 08:59:10 PM by RTR »
The Damned