Author Topic: The SIX view - how to improve so you can see  (Read 134 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The SIX view - how to improve so you can see
« on: June 08, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
For any new guys that dont know how to do this, you can adjust and improve your 6 view, or any view by following these directions.

1) Hold the button for the view you want to change and while holding that view do the following

2) Use "page up or page down" key to move your "head" up or down

3) Use arrow keys to move your "head" forward and aft

4) When you find the best view, hit F10 to save it.  

You must do this for each plane, and each view you want to change.  It will be saved in the future in this plane.

For reference, I think you will find the best six view is achieved with head all the way up and forward.

Good luck,
Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
I find that hitting the enter key 3x gives a superb view withouit the canopy bars.

:D

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
This is just one of the many reasons you should go to the con.  As a non RTFM guy, I found out tons of stuff, including the above, that I had no idea you could to!  It's pretty sad really...I didn't even know you could zoom in the bomb sight until I was in the game at least 3 months!   :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2001, 08:58:00 PM »
Yeah, you can learn stuff like this at a convention, but we can also try to share it with new players.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
I was the same in buffs SOB.And head positions I just set up last week after flying with default snaps  since AH beta..What a difference!!!<What a dolt me is!!!>
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Moose1

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
Another handy thing to do is to adjust your "4:30" and "7:30" views--back right and back left--as well as the "high six" back-and-up view.  What I've done in most planes is push those rear-side views as far out to the side as possible.  So I'll select back left and move the view as far left as I can, and maybe a bit forward or back.  For high six, I move all the way forward and up.  If you do it right you can really cover your blind spots well in some aircraft.  Of course, there's just no covering your blind spot in a Spit V.   :p

Oh, and don't forget to take Dago's advice and shift your views vertically with page up/page down too.  That really helps in planes with bad side views, like the P-38.

One more thing:  You can set your keypad 8 (up-arrow) forward view separately from the default forward view.  What I do is set that view to show all my instruments (usually moving my head all the way down), which you can't see in most planes' default forward view.  So I can reach over and press that key, and check all the instruments I normally can't see, including things like the clock, fuel, engine gauges, etc.

Moose (fpmoose)
The Flying Pigs
OINK!  OINK!  TO WAR!!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
Punting, hoping new guys get a chance to read this.
Dago