Author Topic: The thing where you shoot someone but take the damage..thing  (Read 1243 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
The thing where you shoot someone but take the damage..thing
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2004, 02:53:39 PM »
Well most of the times Ive seen this its during a mad furball. I think few jump in the middle of a fight, especially a 1 on 1 fight without asking if they need help first.

In a furball anything can happen...between the sheer number of icons darting around and framerate drop, it makes SA harder and most times you want red, dead, sooner than later. And that leads to issues like what we've discussed.

It happens to me, and I probably do it to others...just bite your tongue and get on with it. Screaming at someone on range isnt gonna help anything.

~AoM~

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2004, 03:20:18 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Well most of the times Ive seen this its during a mad furball. I think few jump in the middle of a fight, especially a 1 on 1 fight without asking if they need help first.

In a furball anything can happen...between the sheer number of icons darting around and framerate drop, it makes SA harder and most times you want red, dead, sooner than later. And that leads to issues like what we've discussed.

It happens to me, and I probably do it to others...just bite your tongue and get on with it. Screaming at someone on range isnt gonna help anything.

I agree ... in a true furball, all bets are off ... first come, first served ... don't have a problem with that. "dead, sooner than later" is a great way to think about it.

All of my examples are not when engaged in a furball, plus I never yell at the guy ... just my wife, kids, dog ... or anyone that may be so lucky as to be in the room at the time.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2004, 03:36:56 PM »
Filth I didn't know your thread was about what happens in a furball. Like you say anything can happen in a "real" furball so all bets are off. Still believe the 'no ammo' thing would be better even in and maybe especially in a furball situation.