Author Topic: I'm Going To D/L The Beta Of AH, But There's Something I Need To Know First...  (Read 160 times)

Brethon

I'm pressed for HD space right now (about 30 Meg free), so I was happy to hear how small the beta is, and only one update.....But is there anything else I have to D/L?  I want to play, but not fill up my HD space....Please help me, beause I know some other Online-Only games, practicly everytime you log on you have to D/L another thing...

------------------
"Do unto others....and get your head blown off." -Brethon

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Only have to D/L the beta program,bout 3 1/2 meg,there is an optional D/L for HI/RES art but its not manditory..

If you download the full program you dont need the update...

------------------
--wd-- Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter"
            "The Abbeville Boys"

Brethon

Thanks for the info

------------------

Offline glars

• Copper Member
The download size doesn't tell you how big it unpacks too though.

The HTC folder takes up over 11mb - don't know if other stuff gets sprinkled in your windows folder.

Do yourself a favour - chuck out your worst game  

glars

[This message has been edited by glars (edited 10-23-1999).]

Granger

Hmm..that will leave you with less than 20 megs free for your swap file...this is not good at all and is slowing your performance down quite a bit in everything your computer does. You need to free up at least 100 megs for your machine to run with at least some effeciency. Use Glars suggestion..delete somethin to make room. Your whole computer will run much faster.

Grangre

Brethon

I've been thinking of doing that for a while...but the question is what....Plus the fact that my brother AND I have to agree on that 1 thing....

------------------