Author Topic: Prayer threads  (Read 1080 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Prayer threads
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2004, 04:53:42 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
Yeah, the names Jesus, Mary, and God are probably more popular.

Nevertheless, in 1996 Pope Paul II accepted biologic evolution as a "an effectively proven fact."

Yeah but what does the pope know? Do you know the bible says forbidding men to marry is the doctrine of demons?

Kinda throws a kink in the whole catholic thing,
Ya think?

Do you know that the popes motto means"in place of christ"?
Have you seen the upside down cross on the back of the popes chair?

Just a little stink bait....

storch

Prayer threads
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2004, 05:58:26 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
Yeah but what does the pope know? Do you know the bible says forbidding men to marry is the doctrine of demons?

Kinda throws a kink in the whole catholic thing,
Ya think?

Do you know that the popes motto means"in place of christ"?
Have you seen the upside down cross on the back of the popes chair?

Just a little stink bait....

Do you know that The Pope in Spanish is El Papa.  Papa in Spanish is potato.  Who in their right minds listens to potatos?

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Prayer threads
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2004, 06:43:36 PM »
>>Have you seen the upside down cross on the back of the popes chair?
<<

I believe that has something to do with the crucifixion of Peter - the first pope. He was crucified upside down. There's a famous painting of it, but I forgot who did it. I'd guess Michelangelo, but not certain. Maybe it was Caravaggio.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 07:06:52 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Prayer threads
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2004, 04:15:16 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
I believe that has something to do with the crucifixion of Peter - the first pope. He was crucified upside down.
I think he was one of the original 12 disciples. If I'm not mistaken, he chose the upside down method because he felt unworthy of dying in the same way Jesus had died. His death came 35 years after that of Jesus.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Prayer threads
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2004, 05:09:47 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I think he was one of the original 12 disciples. If I'm not mistaken, he chose the upside down method because he felt unworthy of dying in the same way Jesus had died. His death came 35 years after that of Jesus.

Yeah maybe so, but its also the sign of the antichrist.
with so many folks thinking that the catholic church is the great potato of babylon and the city on 7 hills is rome you would think they would lose symboism of the anti christ.

theres plenty more symbolism of the antichrist in the roman catholic church also

why?

storch

Prayer threads
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2004, 06:57:11 AM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
Yeah maybe so, but its also the sign of the antichrist.
with so many folks thinking that the catholic church is the great potato of babylon and the city on 7 hills is rome you would think they would lose symboism of the anti christ.

theres plenty more symbolism of the antichrist in the roman catholic church also

why?

Because the greatest lie is the one closest to the truth. 99.9999999% truth is still a lie.

Silly man quit asking questions you already know the answer to.

Let them go to where most folks go when they die. they go to a lake of fire and fry, you won't see them again til the fourth of Julyyyyah.

:D

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Prayer threads
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2004, 08:42:02 AM »
>>with so many folks thinking that the catholic church is the great potato of babylon and the city on 7 hills is rome you would think they would lose symboism of the anti christ. <<

only wackos think that :D

storch

Prayer threads
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2004, 08:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
>>with so many folks thinking that the catholic church is the great potato of babylon and the city on 7 hills is rome you would think they would lose symboism of the anti christ. <<

only wackos think that :D

Thylvethter is looking for you.  You nasty little yellow feathered troller.  :D