Author Topic: Country switching proposal  (Read 372 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Country switching proposal
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
HT,

as it is now u can change sides anytime u want, and only
wait 12 hours total time then change again. This side switch time
runs down reguardless if ur on or offline.  i could switch, spy for an hour , log off, and be able to change back to original country
the next morning when i log in, cause the 12 hours have run down.

my suggestion, make the switching timer only run down while ur online.  could even cut it to 6 hours, but for the time to run down ud have to be online. if u switch and stay online 3 more hours, then log off. when u log back on ull still have to be that side 3 more hours before u could change.

whels

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 06:21:09 PM »
I could never understand the reasons behind the time limits involved with switching sides Whels.

Maybe there are people who want to spy on missions and such for their "other" country. But I know when AH2 was in beta and we had no limit the numbers were darn near identical. But that was a different time and place then. Beta didnt really "count" I guess. But if you are going to say that then what does "count"???

For me its the experience's I have while I'm on line. Generated only through great fights and good times with friends I enjoy talking with. Everyone but Wax ofcourse. :p

I guess for some its winning the "war" that brings satisfaction and for that reason a time limit does asure some sort of security between countries. But not much. If people want to spy they are going to do it. If they want to wreck missions they are going to do it. There is really no stopping them from doing so with a time limit on switching if they are that worried about what the "other" side is doing.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Country switching proposal
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »
Originally posted by whels
HT,

as it is now u can change sides anytime u want, and only
wait 12 hours total time then change again. This side switch time
runs down reguardless if ur on or offline.  i could switch, spy for an hour , log off, and be able to change back to original country
the next morning when i log in, cause the 12 hours have run down.

my suggestion, make the switching timer only run down while ur online.  could even cut it to 6 hours, but for the time to run down ud have to be online. if u switch and stay online 3 more hours, then log off. when u log back on ull still have to be that side 3 more hours before u could change.

whels

I agree totally, I understand why unlimited side-switching seems nice in theory for balance reasons. But, for all practical purposes it is just a tool for the unethical to commit unfettered acts of subterfuge and clandestine operations. The rare instances this unlimited side-changing is for altruistic 'gameplay' purposes vs. any other reason can be counted on one finger. ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 06:25:13 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 06:24:18 PM »
Let `em. And turn off killshooter. Don't worry. After the mass anarchy and bloodletting, they'll all figure it out. :D

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 06:26:40 PM »
The CT allows for rapid side changes as well and enjoys more balanced sides. In fact I've switched sides there as many as 5 times a night just to keep a fight alive.

My guess is that the level of whining and b1tching about "spys" got old. Alas that is the cause of many of our current rules.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 06:27:51 PM »
Spying...what a joke.   It's as easy as asking the other country in private what they are up to. I have been asked before. I just laffed..spit Soda...and typed back...Huh   NOT

I agree with forgetting the time change thing or at least making it a small amount of time. I have seen several squads split between 2 countries and personally couldn't care less what the are up to.

I see Morph flying for Knights and see another Muppet on Rooks. WHAT DO I CARE. I got Morph and the got the other. Even up I say.

All this whinning like I saw the other day when 616fubar flew for us for about 1 day , about him being a spy just ticks me off.

I got berated 2 times when I flew for the rooks. I just kept fighting and shooting. It means nothing.

If some of you arm chair generals are so worried , send your own over to there side. Then we can have a Cold War AH2.
:p
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 06:29:39 PM »
Redtop shares a very good clue. :D

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 06:36:54 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

For me its the experience's I have while I'm on line. Generated only through great fights and good times with friends I enjoy talking with. Everyone but Wax ofcourse. :p

Just wait MoRp:mad:

Whelssss.. Whos to say that after switching sides the guy stays in Game and goes to sleep wakes up the next morning before work and clicks out of the game..  
Spys will always be there was part of the war back than and still is now.. It sucks but what ya going to do:(
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 06:49:13 PM »
If such an idea were emplimented...Youd have to make the timer run ONLY while in flight  like the current Score system does.
And further more...youd have to have an autokick program to boot those players who would leave their GV or Plane sit on the runway at a FAR away base deep in freindly teritory while they sleep through their "Time Online" period after a spy excursion.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 09:24:47 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

I guess for some its winning the "war" that brings satisfaction and for that reason a time limit does asure some sort of security between countries.  

the perk point's are why i love winning the war, unfortunately for me im a permanent knight and winning a war is an unusuall event for me. :(

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 08:39:38 AM »
My vote - 6 hours, timer runs only while you are online.

Make it painful!   :)

I do believe their are spies.....and I think it sucks, although it was a part of the war...

What wasn't a part of the war was flying a spy mission, landing and upping against the incoming raid.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »
never what if u want to fly with an old squaddie or friend that u knew that switched sides and u wanted to fly with them for a few!..then u'd be stuck there for eternity just cuz ya wanted to have fun..and besides what if u only play for alittle mbee 30min-1hr cuz ur pressed for work at ur job or have a lot of things goin on??:mad:

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 05:21:58 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
the perk point's are why i love winning the war, unfortunately for me im a permanent knight and winning a war is an unusuall event for me. :(

Come on DevilM. You fly for the Knights ... a couple of good sorties in a Spit-V or a Hurri and that 25 perks is nothing but chump change.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."