Author Topic: Police state? Yes/No?  (Read 687 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Police state? Yes/No?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
"I knew I should have written the last part of that sentence..let me clarify...
"I don't think you'd have the right to bear arms written into a constitution in a "police state"

And regarding Iraqi's being far better armed..there are quite few countries that rivals the U.S. for gun ownership:

"
I was just refuting your whole point about being able to detect a police state based on gun ownership. Consider it refuted.

The rest of this is just you changing the subject.

The sad truth is that a given person is far more likley to be a victim of goverment violence then violent against thier goverment. That is true in any coutnry and at any time. That is why rights are worth defending and people that curtail the rights of the individual or support same sound so shallow.

The founders of your country knew this only too well. You seem to forget it for political expediancy.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Police state? Yes/No?
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
What the **** are you going on about now? I think you should just go back to being angry with MiniD about bird pictures, atleast you were somewhat paying attention to his posts.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Police state? Yes/No?
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 03:56:24 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
What the **** are you going on about now? I think you should just go back to being angry with MiniD about bird pictures, atleast you were somewhat paying attention to his posts.
-SW

Nice debate on your issue you raised!  I'm done with ya, I can have a more interesting debate with the bum standing down on the freeway gathering coins.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Police state? Yes/No?
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »
It was my issue, which you then turned into a bill I never referenced.

I will not have a debate where someone insinuates what I meant, and then claims I haven't even read it.

There never was a debate here, you DO argue like the homeless - with yourself.
-SW