Author Topic: Simpit  (Read 216 times)

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
Simpit
« on: August 19, 2004, 04:05:47 PM »
Need help from you fellas ,need any links to cockpit layout for a P-51D or any model close to it.Example,location of gear lever for flaps or landing gear. here's a pic of my project

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Simpit
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 05:07:28 PM »
Whether you buy stock or not, Google IS your friend.

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/6940/p-51cockpit.html (low quality scan)

http://www.flightjournal.com/p-51/index.asp (3D QTVR)

Daniel

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
Simpit
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 05:48:20 PM »
Many thxs CyranoAH i do have the second link which is pretty awesome,gives ya a rotating view of all angles,great site.
thank you again.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Simpit
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 07:33:13 PM »
Will the gauges work in AH2? Is there a game output that will drive the various gauges? I was thinking about building a simpit myself but using just switches and a Hagstrom card to interface with the PC. I would love to be able to build one with working guages. I have been saving various switches and Pots for this project. Hope to have it built by Xmas. I dont plan on making it match any particular aircraft. I just want a unique setup that will even further take me away from reality. Like I need to do that..lol

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
Simpit
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 07:53:06 PM »
An EPIC card i think would be the way to go,however the hagstom is just as good.To interface,you'll need flight data and dedicated PC.That will be next phase in my project,BTW,you have any 700mph indicators? an extra one maybe? we could do a swap with what i have or i may buy if price is right.:)
let me know

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Simpit
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 11:20:09 PM »
Sorry I have no guages yet. Wasnt going to invest in them If I couldnt get them to work. I was looking at some on Ebay and they can get real pricey. Already looking at dropping quite a bit of cash on this thing. I sure dont want it to get out of control like everything else always does...OMG here I go again...lol

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron