Author Topic: Vets,moderates and conservatives.....  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Vets,moderates and conservatives.....
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2004, 12:17:23 AM »
Ahhhh the "idiots".  The truely liberal:

(my favorite)

(this is one why liberals scare the hell out of me)

YUP....Even SATAN himself would be a better president for the US...ABB!

Yup those true colors really shine through on this one:

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2004, 01:45:24 AM »
I reckon the troops' welfare would be better served being protected from the conservatives that send them off to war, rather than the liberals that don't want them to go. Call me a fringe weirdo, but I'd choose getting called a baby killer over getting shot at with AKs and RPGs ever time.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Re: Vets,moderates and conservatives.....
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:18 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
I have been invited to a meeting next week. This meeting is not just for vets but most are...It is to discuss whys to support the vets who have come out against kerrys vietnam record.. They and I guess I do also,believe the news media and dems are going to be vindictive and untruthfull about them.

OK go ahead and support these guys, you'll just look silly, or worse, in the end.

Here's a little info on Larry Thurlow of Swift Vets 'fame'. He's the one who states in that new rag out that they weren't under fire the day Kerry's actions got recognised.

See, Mr. Thurlow got a Bronz Star himself in that action.

This is hitting the media today...

In newspaper interviews and a best-selling book, Larry Thurlow, who commanded a Navy Swift boat alongside Kerry in Vietnam, has strongly disputed Kerry's claim that the Massachusetts Democrat's boat came under fire during a mission in Viet Cong-controlled territory on March 13, 1969. Kerry won a Bronze Star for his actions that day.

But Thurlow's military records, portions of which were released yesterday to The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act, contain several references to "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire" directed at "all units" of the five-boat flotilla. Thurlow won his own Bronze Star that day, and the citation praises him for providing assistance to a damaged Swift boat "despite enemy bullets flying about him."

As one of five Swift boat skippers who led the raid up the Bay Hap River, Thurlow was a direct participant in the disputed events. He is also a leading member of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a public advocacy group of Vietnam veterans dismayed by Kerry's subsequent antiwar activities, which has aired a controversial television advertisement attacking his war record.

more here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2004, 05:05:52 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Maybe neo-con means paranoid?

Ain't it da truth.:aok

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2004, 06:54:58 AM »
Why does everyone care so much what veterinarians think about politics?
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Re: Vets,moderates and conservatives.....
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2004, 01:52:51 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1

More important, the main thrust of debate, is to see what they personally can do, to protect those that  come back from iraq, from the liberals.  

Good thing the right wingers dont lie and play dirty.
Thurlow got a bronze star for the same action that Kerry did, and  claims that Kerry didn't deserve his.

http://tinyurl.com/6l5pv
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."