Author Topic: tbf  (Read 861 times)

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
tbf
« on: August 15, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »
ok guys  this  is  the  lastest  on my  Tbf.
ITs  from 8th torpedo  squadron asigned  to USS Hornet at  the  time  off  battle  of  midway.IT  attacked  the  japanese  fleet  and  made  it  back badly shot  up.
  Is   it  good enough  for  AH2  do you think its  ready  to try  to send  in for  approval?

all coments  welcom  god  or  bad:p
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

rogerdee
   Always  on fire  and  running  from whels   :lol
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
tbf
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 12:58:44 PM »
I like it. Sept the start in the middle bye the tail is funny looking other then that. i love it. wtg rog:aok

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
tbf
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 02:29:02 PM »
Roger I really like the base color. A couple of suggestions.

With your "white" panel lines, only use them on one side of the black. Then blur them and play with the transparancy of both lines. Everyone does it different. I put the white lines on the outside of the black on the wings so when you look out the cockpit they look correct. On the fuse I put the white on the bottom of the black making it look as though the light is catching the lower panel edge.

Lay another layer of the white lines directly over the first but leave it strong in color. Then use an airbrush eraser turned down to 20 or 30 percent and wipe it back and forth in a random manner over your lines. Play with the transparency and now you have chips and wear spots.

Another thing to try is mottling the paint. First thing I saw downloading an IL-2 skin was the way the paint varied in color. It was never the "same".

There's probably many ways to do it but this one works for me.

Black and white blotches dabbed over your paint surface.

When backed off to around 5 percent it gives you the varying color.

Last but not least. Download Greebos skins and study them. He's the master. His stuff rocks.

Ain't it fun ?? :)
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
tbf
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 04:41:39 PM »
yes  its fun  and  supprising how  the  time  goes  when  you are trying things  
  thanks  for  the  suggestions   ill  have  a play  some  more

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
tbf
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 06:46:18 PM »
nopoop, how did you get those blotches?  I can't find a brush or create my own and figure out how to get it to blotch as well as you have.

Any suggestions?  I use PSP8 and Serif Photoplus 5.5 if that helps any.

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
tbf
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 07:17:09 PM »
United I use Photoshop 6.0 and it's in the "brush" selection. ( not the airbrush selection ) You scroll down and you'll find them. I think I use the "24".

One day I realized I wasn't looking at ALL the brush selections :D

They also have similar brushes in the eraser section. That way you can fiddle with them once they're on the canvas.

Hope this helps.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
tbf
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 08:20:43 PM »
Rogerdee, the TBF looks pretty good. :)

Nopoop, besides scrolling down to see more brush shapes, did you know that you can load more also? Check it out if you haven't.

I use a technique (in PSD, but PSP should have it too) that's very similar to Poop's for breaking up solid colors. I use the Render>Clouds filter on a new empty layer (make sure your foreground/background colors are black and white), and it gives a result very much like what Poop did by hand. Then cut it back by making that layer transparent. I also usually hit that layer with a little Stylize>Diffuse to break up the softness.

I'll share a good little secret with you here... It's good to see that you are all using layers with varying transparency, but there are different Modes of transparency that will really help you out. If you can find the place where you can set the different layer transprency modes... you will see words like "Multiply", "Screen", "Overlay", "Exclusion", etc... play around with these settings and see what happens.

I'll elaborate more on this later if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 08:23:37 PM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
tbf
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 08:36:07 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
I use a technique (in PSD, but PSP should have it too) that's very similar to Poop's for breaking up solid colors. I use the Render>Clouds filter on a new empty layer (make sure your foreground/background colors are black and white), and it gives a result very much like what Poop did by hand. Then cut it back by making that layer transparent. I also usually hit that layer with a little Stylize>Diffuse to break up the softness.

I searched in PSP for the render>clouds but couldnt find anything of the sort.  I searched under all of the drop down menu's on the top and still no luck.  Is there any other thing it may be under like edit>something>render...?

I'm going to download a trial of PSD just to see whats so different from PSP, but thanks for the info too!

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
tbf
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 09:16:17 PM »
Sorry, United... I'm not familiar with PSP, but I have to believe there is something in there that will render blotchy fog or clouds or something like that.

You could try this intead: use a Noise filter on an new 50% grey layer. Select a small square on this layer (maybe 50 pix by 50 pix), scale it up to fill the whole image, and then Blur the crap out of it. Should be almost the same thing.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.