Author Topic: Just got back from vacation...  (Read 278 times)

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
Just got back from vacation...
« on: August 18, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Well where do you go when you live in montana and want to take a vacation????  Well, a different part of montana...  My wife and I (we left the 2 year old at grandma's) just got back from flathead lake and Glacier park.  Went white water rafting in the park this morning (half day float) had mostly class II and III and one Class IV.  Had a blast, going to look for more III's and IV's if I do it again...  was a little too mellow...

Just wanted to brag   :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 09:00:14 PM »
Bragger! :p  We were in Glacier in June.:cool:  St. Mary lake a couple days, then down to Lk. McDonald.

I'll be looking at some property on Flathead come this winter (sold my Ennis property)

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »
Prices on the flathead are going up fast, might be better this winter though.  Thats the good thing about the great white north, get the tourist out of here in the winter and the housing prices come down 1/3.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 09:10:35 PM »
Originally posted by medicboy
Prices on the flathead are going up fast, might be better this winter though.  Thats the good thing about the great white north, get the tourist out of here in the winter and the housing prices come down 1/3.

Exactly! :)

What I sold my 30 acres in Ennis for is what the DOWN PAYMENT for a lakefront lot will be at Flathead :eek:

Anyway, glad you returned safe and sound, got any pics of the white water?

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:06:35 PM »
Nope, no digital pics, only some "old" style shots and no scanner.  Wife wouldn't let me take the digital camera on the raft, she knows I want a new one and didn't trust me around all that water... hehe:eek:

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 04:57:30 AM »
sounds great medicboy! Montana is on the top of my list of places to go if i should visit USA. :)

any pics, or are you as lazy as me when it comes to that?

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 01:25:34 PM »
Here are a couple pics.

Btw norway is on my list to visit.  Both my wife and I have strong family ties to norway.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 01:46:07 PM »
looking good medic, but i think ive seen the top one before... not sure :)

If you decide to visit norway some day then beginning of august is prolly the best time.

Do you know where in norway your families are from?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 01:46:58 PM »
you didn't take the reporter on the trip too, for some "extra" fun?

I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
One of my best friends lives in Bozeman, MT.. Hes attending the University there.. Made it out there a few years ago.. He got a permit to run the Salmon river in Idaho..  We did a 7day 6 night trip down the middle fork of the Salmon that went some 180miles..  I paddled probably 80% of the way, swam many times.. Got caught in a super nasty hole that held me under long nuff that I started having some pretty morbid thoughts.. lol Finally washed out of it though, obviously..  Was a great trip.. Best river trip of my life so far actually.. :)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 05:00:45 PM »
My ex had family in Montana, little town in the Northeast corner called Plentywood. We drove up there one summer. Cut across Glacier Park, then across the top of Montana on hwy 2. I swear there were times I could have set the car on cruise, tie a rope to the steering wheel and doze off.

Anyway these folks lived on a huge farm/ranch. Great friendly people. But when I told them how beautiful I thought Glacier Park was they were confused. "How could you like that place?" "You can't see anything with all those mountains in the way!"

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 08:04:21 PM »
heh, i told you so. yellowstone is kinda lame. a good chance somebody will see a coyote and think it a wolf therefore stoping traffic for two miles. the badlands are cool to if you want to drive east for a spell.
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 09:02:42 PM »
JB73, ha!  I haven't thought of that reporter in at least 30-40 min.  no just kidding.   Never heard from her again after the cardiac arrest thing, prolly a good thing.  

Big sky, there were very few people in the park, might be because it was a week day but not sure.  Had a great time.  I am planning a Mule deer/ pronghorn hunt in eastern montana when I get done with school, thinking some where around ekalaka (sp?).  

Nilsen:  Not sure where my family is from, can find out though, my grandpa on my dads side came here from Norway and my wifes great grandpa on her moms side came here when he was 12, he turns 100 next july and we are throwing a big party for him.  His last name is Hendrickson, my side of the family is Hansen, my grandpa was Hans Hansen (no kidding!)  My son's name is Bodie.  

Dude:  sounds like fun, and a little scary.  Only fished the salmon, never ran it, would be fun.

Mt:  I know where Plenty wood is, great hunting out in that area I am told, and not a lot of people.  never did Hwy 2 any farther than Glacier park, but most of eastern montana is like that I think.  

Had some huge thunderstorms here today, still raining and about 55 degrees, love it!!!!!  The elk will be bugeling in a few weeks and then its HUNTING SEASON!

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 11:09:41 PM »
ekalaka, thats south of baker next to nodak border. if you drive through baker stop into the green dragon bar, was a good place to enjoy a cool one. it was, i havent been to baker in 9-10 years. try to remember to bring music, because there are no radio stations out there. never hunted by ekalaka, i usually go to ashland to mule deer hunt.
"I am moist like bacon"