Author Topic: curval and beetle etc....  (Read 783 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
curval and beetle etc....
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 09:05:44 AM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
It's worse than that anonymous. The Bren LMG is still standard issue in the reserves too. Many is the time I lumped a box of Bren magazines over hill and bog. At least belted rounds can be worn. Glad I wasn't in the mortar section!!!

And Gscholz, note that the 'Norwegian' shirt is standard issue. Definitely the height of military fashion.  Our reserves could refight WW2: Bren versus MG34. :D

Even we had GPMGs, here in Bermuda.  :confused:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 09:32:28 AM »
thanks for info on the turkis stuff... I have a thousnad rounds of the yugo stuff and won't shoot the mauser much anyway.

as for the aug... we can get those here in semi auto version for about $700.   They feel really wierd to me... I don't really want one at this time. but... It would be nice to know that I could allways buy one if I wanted.

The .50 is banned here in California.   That is incrementalism at work... was a joint effort byu fienstein boxer and the gray davis.   If you don't think kerrie can hurt you... look what happened to California under the reingn of the gray one.

kerrie is a gray davis clone.

lazs

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 10:08:27 AM »
The .50 is banned here in California. That is incrementalism at work... was a joint effort byu fienstein boxer and the gray davis. If you don't think kerrie can hurt you... look what happened to California under the reingn of the gray one.

Wow I didnt know that.  So where do they draw the line in the sand? I recently read an article where they are working on building a 20mm sniper rifle to replace the .50 Currently it has too much recoil. But they are working on it :D. So does that mean you cant even use a .50 muzzle loader? Cali has some strange rules. I lived near Sac for 4 years and dont ever want to go back. I will stay in the southeast where gun ownership is accepted.

Killin babies legal, .50cal ownership illegal....wow what a world we live in.

RHIN0
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 10:23:01 AM by kevykev56 »
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 10:30:42 AM »
the .50 bmg is illegal.  It is because... well... who knows?  but... the fear was that there would be a rash of assinations.  No kidding... that was the mantra?  

And why would a benevolent government fear assaination?  Who knows? and if armed citizens can't defend against tyranny anyway... then what is the point of taking their guns away?

lazs

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 01:33:54 PM »
Where did you get it lazs? I called them up, but they directed me to some local store in Campbell.

Did you have to do the same?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 02:27:44 PM »
I have a guy who is an ffl dealer so we do "kitchen table sales"  he comes to my house.   I have a gun safe so don't have to buy the ridiculous "gun locks" every time I buy a gun from him.

lazs

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 02:38:45 PM »
I'd like to help her shoot that rifle. Maybe she needs a little help from the rear to get her alignment straightened out as she sights down that long barrel to the target.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline TPIguy

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 09:16:59 PM »
Hey Mietla, if you're interested in buying a few old guns get an 03 FFL. You can have em shipped strait to you, no hassling with x-fer to a local dealer. Its only $30 for 3 years. Even if you only buy a couple of guns you saved $.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 02:13:51 AM »
Hey Mietla, if you're interested in buying a few old guns get an 03 FFL. You can have em shipped strait to you, no hassling with x-fer to a local dealer. Its only $30 for 3 years. Even if you only buy a couple of guns you saved $.

LOL Yeah right. The year previous to my 03FFL I spent $350 on guns. In the year since I have had this thing I have spent well over 3k on guns. It surely hasnt saved me money. Im only spending more on guns. Decided it is more of an investment really than it is a purchase. Its not like they are getting any cheaper.

But the 03 FFL is the way to go if your into these. Its easy providing you dont have a criminal history or mental problems. It took me about 1 month from start to finish before the ATF sent my FFL out. You also get discounts on shooting supplies from distributors.

Here is a link that will tell you more about how to get one.

C&R FFL

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron