Author Topic: Dirtbag Declared Sane  (Read 371 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« on: August 25, 2004, 02:23:29 PM »
Ward Weaver, meet Lethal Injection; Lethal Injection, meet Ward Weaver.  Seriously though, if he's serious about killing himself, they should help the poor guy out and give him a clean pre-noosed rope and a wobbly stool for his cell.

http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=85667
Judge rules Ward Weaver fit to stand trial

He's accused of killing two Oregon City girls

ANDREW KRAMER
The Associated Press
August 25, 2004 - 10:32 AM

OREGON CITY — Ward Weaver, the man accused of killing two girls and hiding their bodies in his backyard, is fit to stand trial on murder charges, a judge ruled today.

The ruling came after Weaver spent four months in the Oregon State Hospital, where his mental fitness was evaluated.

A trial date is expected to be determined sometime in September, Judge Robert Herndon said.

“We will agree that Mr. Weaver has regained his ability to aid and assist,” defense attorney Peter Fay said after the judge’s ruling.

Prosecutors did not offer comment on the ruling.

Weaver, whose case fascinated Oregonians for months and attracted national attention, was in court today, where he conferred with his attorneys but did not look at spectators.

The disappearance of the two Oregon City girls — Ashley Pond, 12, and Miranda Gaddis, 13 — in early 2002 prompted a nationwide FBI hunt that ended when their bodies were found a few hundred yards from their front doors in Weaver’s back yard. Weaver’s daughter had been friendly with both victims.

Weaver was arrested in August on unrelated charges of raping his son’s girlfriend. He was indicted in October on charges including aggravated murder, rape and abuse of a corpse, and faces the death penalty if convicted. His father, Ward Weaver Jr., on California’s death row for murder, also buried a woman’s corpse under concrete in the yard.

At a hearing in April, Herndon said psychiatrists agreed Weaver suffered from depression, and his attorneys revealed that he had been taking heavy doses of anti-depressant medications while in jail. Psychiatrists testified Weaver told them he was hearing voices and tried to kill himself.

The psychiatrist for the prosecution also said it was likely Weaver was faking symptoms of mental illness to avoid trial.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 02:24:55 PM »
Beaver Cleavers dad would never do anything like this!!!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 02:28:43 PM »
That's Weaver, Weaver! ;)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:41:17 PM »
this guy is as crazy as they come, does not mean he should not die for his crimes ASAP in my book...

never understood the insanity plea crap - nutbags have to be crazy at some level to commit such acts
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 02:54:22 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »
shame we dont have quartering as a punishment.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 02:44:26 PM »
Give him a fair trial, then execute him.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 02:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
this guy is as crazy as they come, does not mean he should die for his crimes ASAP in my book...

never understood the insanity plea crap - nutbags have to be crazy at some level to commit such acts

Do you mean "shouldn't" ?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 02:54:49 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
Do you mean "shouldn't" ?

yes
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 02:58:21 PM »
Send him to Texas. We have an express lane.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 03:05:04 PM »
Weaver was arrested in August on unrelated charges of raping his son’s girlfriend. He was indicted in October on charges including aggravated murder, rape and abuse of a corpse, and faces the death penalty if convicted. His father, Ward Weaver Jr., on California’s death row for murder, also buried a woman’s corpse under concrete in the yard.
The apple never falls far from the tree does it?

I wonder if we were to send Ward to California if they'd give the Weavers a "two for" deal on death row.  :eek:

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 03:21:38 PM »
lol rpm, youve been watching the blue comedy tour huh ?
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 03:59:06 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
this guy is as crazy as they come, does not mean he should not die for his crimes ASAP in my book...

I gotta agree with you on one point, if they are truly sane they would never have committed the crimes that bring them to trial.

this guy isn't any more crazy than any other guy who's done the things he's done.  his brand of crazy (beyond the sick-bastard, baby-raping, murdering POS crazy that got him arrested) is mostly an act for the media.  he's been firing attorneys, asking to represent himself, doing press interviews, and acting out in court for quite awhile now.  since he lived, and did most of his crimes, within a couple miles of here we see just about everything he says hit the local news and papers.

IMO he's using the press as a stage for the 'too crazy for court' show he's trying to sell.  meanwhile his courtroom antics look to be an attempt at laying the groundwork for for an appeal argument to try  to stall his execution.

of course the media (potatos that they are) keep on coming through for him, printing or broadcasting his every word or latest antics.  they hype him as some sort of celebrity ghoul, while letting him use them as a tool to try and beat the death-penalty, I guess the figure it's worth it for a few extra rating points.

it seems justice may have caught a break, since the judge doesn't seem to be buying his song and dance bit.

I'm against the death-penalty on in principle, but when I see this guy, for the life of me I can't remember why.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 04:33:06 PM »
When does the punishment ever fit the crime.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 05:04:23 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
lol rpm, youve been watching the blue comedy tour huh ?

They call me "Tater Salad".:aok
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Dirtbag Declared Sane
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 05:18:42 PM »
:rofl
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'