Author Topic: sidwinder fix  (Read 177 times)

-towd_

sidwinder fix
« on: October 28, 1999, 04:14:00 PM »
howdy ill keep it short. sidwinders have to be calibrated so that the arc is smooth (close to the white line in stick set display inside ah) and the last scalling 100% is there you cant ajust it. so if you have the last one you can control (90%) slider set low or not clost to full you get a large HOP at clost to full deflection on all axis so set them to a smooth arc with the most right slider(90%) all the way up (remember you must press apply to sett your ne settings and you can observe the effect in the moving display (ah stick set screen) it the green lines showing shick movement apear to "hop" at clost to full deflection you need to play with it more (all my axis are a shallow arc (red line) under the diagnal (white line)

my first mission after doing this i had a 5 kill run in a n1k so good luck

towd 54th (kiska our attus)

-towd_

sidwinder fix
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 1999, 04:33:00 PM »
post if it works for ya

chester

sidwinder fix
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 1999, 07:31:00 AM »
NO, Towd,it doesent work for me.my stick will lockif im within 1.4k from con and move my stick aprox.25%. 25% = aprox.10% of control surface movement the way my stick is set.I'm sure we will all be flying again by this weekend,I hope

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
sidwinder fix
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 1999, 07:35:00 AM »
chester,

Do you have the latest drivers for SW Pre Pro?  That would be SW controller software ver.3.02 (7Mb DL @ MS).

------------------
129 IAP

ingame: Raz

TT

sidwinder fix
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 1999, 11:03:00 AM »
Didnt work. but worth a try.

chester

sidwinder fix
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 1999, 12:06:00 PM »
Have the lastest drivers,yes,thanx.Have tried many different configs. no luck.

-towd_

sidwinder fix
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 1999, 12:31:00 PM »
is it force feedback?

kirin had to do some more to his swff he posted it yesterdday

good luck fix is commin anyway soon i hope

TT

sidwinder fix
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 1999, 12:42:00 PM »
  HT called me to try to solve this SW problem. The problem is not being ignored. Hang in there guys.