Author Topic: what are you using to get your songs?  (Read 447 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
what are you using to get your songs?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 09:05:30 AM »
Is there a place that you can legally buy CD quality songs singly?   Most albums are total crap except for one or two good ones.  

I am not oppossed to paying for the works just not to paying $14 or so for one or two decent tunes.

lazs

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 09:36:09 AM »
Napster is legit now, 99 cents a track. Not sure about the quality though.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 09:45:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Is there a place that you can legally buy CD quality songs singly?   Most albums are total crap except for one or two good ones.  

I am not oppossed to paying for the works just not to paying $14 or so for one or two decent tunes.

lazs

iTunes
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 10:16:32 AM »
I use a ARES, does great for downloading all the music I want, and I love it. I sleep well at night knowing that I ripped off some poor band or singer or movie star. Infact when I go home I think to myself ya know P-Diddy only made how many million this year I better not download any free music from him, but I cant help it I just gotta do it.
But anyways I use ARES, go to downloads.com and do a search for it, I have almost zero problems with spyware as long as you run the software occassionally.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 10:47:51 AM »
Aside from a 1000 CD's I am trying to get ripped to my Hard Drive, and then play through my HT setup, I use Kaza Lite K++.  I haven't had any issues yet.  

For the Record, per the RIAA.  You ARE ALLOWED to make 1 backup copy PER CD.  This somehow gets "forgotten".

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 11:51:06 AM »
Bearshare

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
iTunes

iTunes is okay to get the music... I've downloaded a few songs but it's largely a pain in the bellybutton to do what I want with them. You can't download MP3 format. All songs downloaded can be uploaded to an iPod or burned as a (Redbook Digital) audio CD format.

If you want MP3 format, you'll have to create an audio CD, then rip it back down to MP3. Sure, CDR are fairly cheap nowadays, but I wish they'd remove this added step. It's not more secure. It's just more difficult. Hell... I've got a CD player in my car that plays MP3 in standard digital format. I can fit 5-10 entire albums on one disk. It's far more versatile than using a stack of standard audio CDs and a changer.

AFAIK, you'll have the same issues with Napster, but I believe thier format is WMA.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 12:05:22 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 12:09:18 PM »
i like win mx my self,,free ,,just make sure to unshare your music library when your downloading tunes so no one can see how many songs you got,,lol<~~you dont have to,,but thats what i do,,just incass metalica is on the other side,,hehehe

http://www.winmx.com/download/  small download and great program,,always liked it better than kazaa,,it shows you the bit rate of the tunes and everything,,plus download games movies and lots of file sharing

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 01:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Whatever you need to tell yourself to clear the conscience.

I'm clear and I download daily..even as we speak. No longer will I pay 14-20 dollars for a CD that cost maybe 2 to make to line the pockets of a record company and to support the lifestyle of some guy no more talented than I am who just happened to get noticed. Besides they make plenty of money on tour when they are actually working for it.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 02:12:15 PM »
i do not download songs of israeli artists which i care for.

rest of the world can kiss my behind :D