Author Topic: An Alternative Solution to Side Imbalance  (Read 489 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
An Alternative Solution to Side Imbalance
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 04:30:14 PM »
I couldn't help myself :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 06:02:52 PM »
Oboe--

I like your imaginative, positive, and historically documented response.  That's the way this game should be played.

MRPLUTO

Offline glennco

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 06:51:08 PM »
The real issue here is for the newbs.  When someone starts out they fly SPIT IXs, and Ds, because they are fairly easy to fly, and you may even get a kill in one.  I think I died over 100 times before I got my first kill.

It's been a few months for me as my bad video card kicked me out after the switch to AHII, but I'd hate to come back into it having to fly planes that weren't easy to fly, because I lost all my perks too easily.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 08:05:15 PM »
Glennco, how ya doing bud!    Getting the itch again?  Stop back tomorrow and hopefully Superfly will have posted a screenie of the new bomber!

Here's a link to a RADEON 9600-based card for $89!  
ROSEWILL RADEON 9600 Video Card

That should get you in the air quick, or do you have a few more  4-wheeler races left?

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »
Kweassa's idea for modification of the perk list thats been kicking around for while now would be a far better and fairer idea compared to your intial scale.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline glennco

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 10:10:03 PM »
I'll be back in soon enough oboe, I have to break my wife in slowly to the idea though, as she was pissed at me the whole time I was playing the game

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2004, 12:09:02 AM »
While I agree with the Perk More Planes idea, I dont like the idea of creating a mercenary community that switches sides everyday to the side with the highest perk payoff.  I'd say 70% of the reason I play this game is to fly with friends Ive known for along time, and new ones ive made since joining my squad.

To fragment the squad to get cheaper rides simply isnt worth it to me. If condemned to spit1s and stukas, Id stay with my squad, or lose interest altogether.

~AoM~