Author Topic: Film request  (Read 325 times)

Offline Kruger

• Zinc Member
Film request
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:06:49 PM »
P38 expert vs. Spit V expert in a 1 on 1 co-E fight.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Film request
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 07:47:32 PM »
Check the 479th Film Library.  You should be able to find one of mine or Murdr's films where we have an engagement like that.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Film request
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 09:16:34 AM »
i thought he ask for experts?

Offline Paul33

• Copper Member
Film request
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 02:21:34 PM »
If their both good... neither will win

Until one makes a mistake first.

Spit V will use it's low E tactic... P38 will use its higher E advantage...

If I were in the spit... the 38 usually dies

MUAHAHA!:D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:23:55 PM by Paul33 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Film request
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 02:27:56 PM »
Originally posted by Paul33

Spit V will use it's low E tactic... P38 will use its higher E advantage...

Actually, if you really want to split hairs, the P-38L is the one with the advantage in a low/stall speed fight.  Once the fight dips below 150mph IAS, the advantage swings towards the P-38.  The reason is the P-38's superior stall speed handling and it's zero torque.

YMMV

ack-ack

Offline Paul33

• Copper Member
Film request
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 02:30:49 PM »
Actually, if you really want to split hairs, the P-38L is the one with the advantage in a low/stall speed fight. Once the fight dips below 150mph IAS, the advantage swings towards the P-38. The reason is the P-38's superior stall speed handling and it's zero torque.

Dare to test your theory? :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Film request
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 02:37:41 PM »
It's not a theory but fact.  You can deny it all you want but it will not change the fact that at low to stall speeds, the P-38 has the slight advantage due to its superior stall speed handling characteristics and no torque.  

If you ever see me on the same time as you're on, just tell me where you're at and I'll be more than happy to show you how well a P-38L turns at low speeds.

ack-ack

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Film request
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 08:53:04 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
It's not a theory but fact.  You can deny it all you want but it will not change the fact that at low to stall speeds, the P-38 has the slight advantage due to its superior stall speed handling characteristics and no torque.  

If you ever see me on the same time as you're on, just tell me where you're at and I'll be more than happy to show you how well a P-38L turns at low speeds.

ack-ack

ABSOLUTELY!

You have to know just how to keep that nose down alittle and full flaps, with wheels down even, daring but true, that will help brak the speed to get that turn going instantly. You just have to make sure when entering this relm, that you WILL kill him, or you have a way to flap up and brake for E before you mow grass. It's a gamble if the other plane retains E easy, but very possible.

Basically, depending, you'll get 1 - 1.5 360s before you need to flap up and exit for E. I like the 3/4 - 1 concept. You have to know you'll get him in 1.5 rotations before entering it, if you stall you have two ways to die. But a good 38 pilot will pull this off regularly.

In AW you did a lot of fluxuating of the flaps to keep it airborn yet retain/build E, even if it's short spirts. Flap up-flap down, nose level-nose down sorta thing.

Personally not sure how well this works in AH2

Anim