Author Topic: not just skins but a tribute to a hero  (Read 664 times)

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
not just skins but a tribute to a hero
« on: October 10, 2004, 07:28:26 AM »
I  don,t know  about   most  of  us  but  untill  a  short time  ago  i  didnt  really  think  of  the  guys  who actually  flew  the  planes  just  that  they  would  make  great  skins.
   when  you start  to find  out  more  about  the  person who flew  it  and what they  did and  in  a  lot  of  cases   gave  there  lives   then  it  brings  a  new  meaning.
   i  think well done  skins  keep  there  memeory  alive  and  are   a  tribute  for the brave  men  of  all the  armed  forces   allied  or  axis.
  Just  because   we  dont  belive  with  a  countrys  ideals   it  still doesnt  mean  there  fighting  men  are  not  as  brave   as  our  own country.

keep  upp  the  great  skinning  work  guys  you  are  doing  them  proud

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »
Rogerdee, the 417 Desert spit that is in the main arena is my uuncle's machine from Jan-feb 1944. Oddly enough, his 213 hurri was done by kev367th. This hurri was destroyed in a landing accident that he had. he was on patrol at high altitude and descended quickly causeing the windshield to mist over. He crashed at the end of the runway at Edku and wrote the machine off.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 10:15:20 AM »
its  good  that  you  can  have  a personal tribute  to him  and  keep   his  memory  going  .i am glad  that   this  is  a  game  and no one get  hurt.pity  we  can't  sorrt  out  the worlds  problems  with  a game

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 10:16:17 AM »
I hear ya, Rogerdee.   I have a good friend whose Dad was a navigator on a B-17 over Europe in 1944-45.    I hesitate to do a skin for his B-17 (cool as it would be) because I wince when I think of guys suicide diving that B-17 into a CV.    Somehow I fear it may dishonor the men who fought and died aboard her.   She was eventually lost on a bombing raid over Germany in March of '45.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 10:33:33 AM »
sorry  to hear  that  but  i understand  what  you  mean.  dive bombing  b17s   sucks  in the  game, and  yes  it  would be  a dishonor

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 05:43:36 PM »
Well my friend's Dad had rotated home before the bomber was lost, luckily and he is still alive today.    But many of the guys he knew weren't as lucky.