Author Topic: Should  (Read 232 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Should
« on: December 04, 2000, 06:19:00 PM »
 Should dimpled ammo count?

We have all had the experience of seeing a con fly through our bullet stream, at close range, without a hit sprite. In tight turn fights, I've seen this on replay at ranges as close as 60 yards.

With the upcoming improvements planned for the MG ammo to move towards the center of the cone. The MG armed aircraft will no doubt experience an improvement in this area.

But what about the cannon armed planes? I suggest that we inspect the caps on cannon armed planes for possible dimples. These pregnant caps could only reach this condition by having been struck by a firing pin.

After review. If these caps indeed prove to be dimpled. Then the kill should be awarded to the pilot flying the cannon armed plane.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Should
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2000, 06:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
Should dimpled ammo count?

With the upcoming improvements planned for the MG ammo to move towards the center of the cone. The MG armed aircraft will no doubt experience an improvement in this area.

Cool there's going to be an improvement of MG guns?? Thats the best news i've heard in along time.

Pardon my ballistic ignorance, but what the heck is dimpled ammo?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Should
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2000, 08:16:00 PM »
 Its sorta like a dimpled chad. Except that it is metal, and is to be found in the middle of centerfire cartridges.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Should
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2000, 10:05:00 PM »
Dimpled ammo = weak hit on primer by firing pin. Primer is dented but not enough to fire the cartridge.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Andy Bush

• Copper Member
      • http://www.simhq.com  (Contributing Editor - Air Combat Corner)
Should
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
Dimpled ammo:

Rounds fired by feeble-minded, ill-educated pilots who seem to have very excuse imaginable for their own incompetence.

My suggestion is that they aim a bit more to the right.

Andy

funked

Should
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2000, 10:47:00 AM »
Actually all ammo fired in the general direction of a bandit should be counted as a hit.  If there is more than one bandit in that direction, all ammo should be counted as hitting the bandit who invented the internet.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Should
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »
I think dimpled ammo should only be counted when shot from a few selected rook aircraft.  The average hit percentage increase should then be applied for ALL rooks regardless of plane type or experience, unless some of those dimpled ammo rounds hit another rook, in which case the 2 out of 3 dimple hanging primer rule should go into effect.

Overseas ammo will be thrown out regardless of validity, since they're mostly military anyhow and military members wouldn't be allowed to complain even if they were completely banned from firing ammo in the first place.  Any military members even thinking about dimpled ammo risk courts-martial and disciplinary action.  Military members with spouses who talk about dimples will be reprimanded and told to "shut your friggen wife/husband up or we'll cut out your tongue and send you to jail."

Military members ARE allowed to gripe about the gag order as long as they refrain from referring to anyone who holds, has held, or will potentially in some future time hold public office.

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Should
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2000, 08:34:00 PM »
 All I am asking is that we have a full, and fair count of ALL the dimpled cannon ammo.

After all the Nik won the popular vote.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Should
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »
Okay, Niki won the popular vote, but look at it this way...the Niki got 'more hits' but the Chog 'got more scores (kills)' so Chog wins.  

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Should
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2000, 07:39:00 AM »
Hear ye, hear ye, the supreme court of HQs is now in  session...............

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Should
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2000, 01:09:00 PM »
 Well, if we are going to the lawyers. I want that Burke guy. Not that other one, with the bad skin.