Author Topic: task groups and ports  (Read 439 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
task groups and ports
« on: October 16, 2004, 06:15:37 PM »
anyone else having trouble attaching task groups to ports? my ports are ports (just incase you thought i did not change its object type from airfield), when I try attaching a task group to a port there are no fields on the drop down list to attach it to.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:22:15 PM »
Double click F##SHP000 in the selection list and make the Object data field the Port number you want it attached to.

Make sure you don't have anything funky in the Arena settings.  Use the defaults in Object Settings and Arena settings if it doesn't work immediately.

Off to try your sugestion from the other thread.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:16:09 PM »
:rofl Man this thing is hard to use. :)

Designating "ENTPNT" types, changing fields to ports and attaching CVs to Ports, hehe, and that doesn't count the save-exit-reload to see the changes thingy so you can do the next step..:lol, it's giving me a headache.

I guess I've finally got it figured out.  It must be a test to see if we have the patience and stamina to be map makers.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 09:22:44 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
Make sure you don't have anything funky in the Arena settings.  Use the defaults in Object Settings and Arena settings if it doesn't work immediately.

thats whats wrong, I changed some arena settings.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 11:44:43 PM »
You can attach a fleet to any field it doesn't even have to be a port. Just double-click ship 0000 as stated above and enter the field number in the object data box. BTW arena settings or object settings in game have nothing to do with it unless you set respawn time to 0 in which case CVs will never die.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 12:10:23 AM »
that is what i did but as soon as i entered the port number in and clicked somewhere else it disappeared from object data box. will try again later to see if it works

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 12:36:43 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
that is what i did but as soon as i entered the port number in and clicked somewhere else it disappeared from object data box. will try again later to see if it works
Isn't it the "the save-exit-reload to see the changes thingy so you can do the next step..," again. :)

But yeah, when you go to test it, if you have the rebuild time 0 or hardness too high or a couple of other things, then the CV won't sink and it can be pretty baffling; even if you had it working before.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 01:28:57 AM »
Make sure your port object type is "group master". Also make sure your OBA or OBB files are not set to read only.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
task groups and ports
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 11:01:06 AM »
Originally posted by zmeg
Make sure your port object type is "group master". Also make sure your OBA or OBB files are not set to read only.
I haven't tried to take the default fields apart but it seems clear they're already group masters if that's even the right way to describe it.  My CV groups are working properly and I haven't set any of my fields as "group master".

You've been doing this far longer than me, what's the story behind the "group master" thing.  I figured it was only used for something like a Tower in a group of objects for a field, lead truck in a convoy or the Carrier in a TG, what am I missing?

And thanks for your posts, they've helped.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 11:06:15 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001