Author Topic: It seems like...  (Read 796 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
It seems like...
« on: October 28, 2004, 10:48:05 PM »
... activity and projects in this forum comes in waves.  Initially it was skin mania.  Then it died down a bit.  Then recently another skin mania!  Now it seems we're heading into our second dry spell.  I think once the next batch of skins are approved, the motivation will return :)

I'm all skinned out for the time being...

v2.01, c'moooooon down!  You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!!!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
It seems like...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 10:58:48 PM »
Not that I'd doing any skinning, but it appears to me there must be a Luftwaffe skinners forum somewhere else as they rarely appear here.

Same seems to apply to the Navy birds.

It seems like it's Spits, Jugs and P40s with a smattering of Mustangs.

I would bet that when the 38 gets redone so it's better to skin it will have lots done.  And if we get an early model that will add to the pile.

And I wish they'd redo the 51 shapes as they both look wrong to me compared to the quality of the 109s for example.

Same goes for the Spits.

And doing the B17 is pointless until they  redo it as well. Once it's skinnable, think of the work that will show up with all the different group markings and nose art.

There's still hope :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
It seems like...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 11:10:18 PM »
I would love to work on a 190A8 or a 109G2, but I'd honestly rather wait til their skins have been reworked and remapped.  

Templates absolutely suck.  

The P40s were enough of a headache and they weren't even that bad once I figured out the alpha layering.

I wasn't saying hope is lost :)  Just observing a 'natural' dry spell or off-period in the local community of skinners.  It'll pick up :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
It seems like...
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 01:42:09 PM »
"What he said"     up there above...

Waiting for the new stuff to see what it encompasses. I had a bunch of luft stuff in the works, but put all on hold. The only ones I got kicked out the door were a 109f4, 190d9 and a 262.

Will be fun to put this sound editing stuff down for awhile and get back to doing skins...

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: It seems like...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 07:28:52 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
I'm all skinned out for the time being...

Me also. I have one that only needs a few hours work but I can't bring myself to open it up.

Took a look at some LW skins and I don't like them. Seems the Spits and the LW skins both have that "semi" reflective quaility to them.

Taking a short break..

Actually been flying :eek:
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
It seems like...
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 09:27:25 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
And doing the B17 is pointless until they  redo it as well. Once it's skinnable, think of the work that will show up with all the different group markings and nose art.
Not quite but yeah, I had to make too may compromises on my B-17s. At least there will be some green ones in the game.  Even if the plane gets reworked in this release, it might take another patch before our new skins arrives.

If you run across better pics of the markings on Little Patches' (42-31678) I'd appreciate seeing them here.  Looking froward to making the corrections on the Nine-0-Nine but I didn't find much on Little Patches.  Same model and within two months of the time frame but different squadron.  That was the reason I chose it, the markings should be the same but it'd be nice to confirm it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001