Author Topic: WGr21 Rockets  (Read 956 times)

Offline GeeWally

• Zinc Member
WGr21 Rockets
« on: December 11, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
I used these rockets offline to see how they work.

It takes 2 WGr21 rockets to destroy a city bldg.  Same as HVAR rocket.

It takes 1 WGr21 rockets to destroy a flak gun.  Same as HVAR rocket.

You can blow up about 3 convoys with WGr21 if you hit in the middle, about the same as HVAR.

So WGr21 about as strong as HVAR.

BUT - the WGr21 rockets don't make a flash or sound when they hit, and they don't make a crater when they hit the ground. All you hear and see is the thing you hit exploding.

So if you hit a city bldg with just one rocket, its hard to tell if you really hit it.  But you know when the 2nd rocket hits because the bldg explodes.

Is this a bug or maybe they forgot to put in the flash and sound for the WGr21 rocket?

Someone said these are AIR TO AIR rockets.  I tried to hit the offline airplanes and it's just as hard as trying to hit airplanes with the HVAR rockets - almost impossible.

I did get one hit by flying 90 degrees to 2 offline airplanes and then shooting the rocket at around 200 yards.  One airplane blew up and the other was smoking.

Is there a special way to use these WGr21 rockets?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
WGr21 Rockets
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
They are time delayed. If you shoot them at the correct distance, they will explode like a flak shell.

Offline Professor Fate

• Copper Member
WGr21 Rockets
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 06:46:00 PM »
Don't waste your time with'em about all they good for is ground attack if you can judge the range at which the detonate.  Air to air they about worthless unless you have enough fighter aircraft equipped with them to disrupt a bomber formation.  I have tagged a buff with them before but it was in the training arena where bomber allowed me to do it.  If in MA buff gunner can lite you up long before you get in range of rockets.

Offline Pyemia

• Copper Member
      • http://No
WGr21 Rockets
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2001, 02:10:00 AM »
I've been practicing with the target with these rockets.  It seems if you can get up to 400ias and fire at the target they'll detonate at 1250.  Given that the target will also be moving at 400ias, then on a level buff you can afford to fire further then 1250.  I tried this on a B17, round exploded quite close to tail but no damage occurred.  Not sure why thou.  I agree waste of time really unless you've got lotsa rockets and lotsa buffs.  Maybe nice scenario weapon?

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
WGr21 Rockets
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2001, 05:13:00 AM »
rckts are coool  but their model is may be wrong... but anyway you can hit buff on D800 without any problem .... and if you will hit, then bomber is gone  ;)

i dont know why that small black smoke see only player, whitch fired rckt and not buff driver and others :/