Author Topic: Dark Tower Series.......  (Read 499 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2004, 11:26:40 AM »
Read the first book. Unadulterated crap.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 03:13:35 PM »
Didn't know the last one was available. Feel like I have to read it, guess I'll pick it up today.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 09:52:08 PM »
It's not avialable yet.  I think april or something like that.  It's been written, though.  The last 3 were all written together.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 10:17:51 PM »
That used to be my favorite series..  

The first 4 books are good.  In fact, I liked the 4th one the best.  Fifth one was ok, sixth one.. well, that kind of sucked in my opinion.  

I really would have liked to have gotten more of the history when it was just Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain... but he kind of dropped that storyline.  

On the other hand, I think he was only supposed to be late-20's in the first book, and he slept for 10 years or something in between books 1 and 2.. so I guess there is only around a 10-12 year gap between where book 4 ends and book 1 begins.  

I actually preferred when he was making up Rolands world, as opposed to adapting NYC to the story.. I don't need to read about NYC, if I wanted to go there I'd drive.  

Thats the way I look at it anyway.  I'm still gonna get the last book when it comes out, even if it sucks (and it probably will).  Gotta know how the story ends... I hope they all die :).

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2004, 11:06:26 PM »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2004, 11:58:02 PM »
LOL!  Shows what I know.  I guess I'll have to pick it up.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2004, 04:27:13 AM »
These are the 1st books i read in English, read with a  dictionary in one hand... wasn't very fun...and the story was quicly boring as well, but SK is pretty easy to read overall. I now read most books in english. (except french litterature of course :) )

Curval, Pet semetary was the only book from SK I realy liked ("It" wasn't all that bad either)... have to give in, I was maybe 13 when i read it though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 04:31:03 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Dark Tower Series.......
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2004, 04:21:22 PM »
I'm about 650 pages into "The Gunslinger".  I'm hoping for a recovery in the last 200 pages... but it doesn't look good.  Someone needs to tell Mr. King that he doesn't have to keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.