Author Topic: though not AH related... this is giving me migraines  (Read 189 times)

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
though not AH related... this is giving me migraines
« on: November 10, 2004, 03:20:18 PM »
DVD.

My pc has a DVD player (12x) that worked perfectly last time i used it to watch a dvd movie...

problem is that was almost 2 years ago and was under win2000.

now i have winxp and the dvd drive will read data cds, music cds... but wont read dvd's.

and its been so long since i had to deal with this i kinda forgot how to fix it. :(

Anyone know how to  fix this?

I have POWERDVD (which came with the dvd player) latest version free trial.

winxp used ATAPI 12X DVD driver..and for the life of me i have no CLUE what dvd i have,  theres no brand or anything on the unit.

I think its the driver... but i also have this nagging feeling theres another file im supposed to be installing.. a hardware or software decoder or something.

when I put a dvd on the drive and try to play it, all dvd players i tried dont detect a dvd movie in it... going to windows 'my computer' it shows the dvd drive... double click it.. it says 'insert a disc on drive E' (my hard drives take up C: and D: ) .

help :P

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 05:01:22 PM »
Most dvd programs have the decoder built in but a free version may not, do you still have the cd that came with the drive?

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 09:46:24 PM »
no i dont :(

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:32:30 PM »
go to the manufactures web site with all the numbers ect off of your dvd player .. you should be able to DL the stuff you need from there.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation