Author Topic: B-17 HELP!  (Read 660 times)

Shade324th

B-17 HELP!
« on: August 08, 2000, 12:52:00 AM »
Ok, Im in the cockpit, with autopilot ON.  I keep it on while I switch to guns.  But everytime I switch to a gunners position, the plane tipps way off on its side and starts going all over the place!  Whats up?

Thanks!

ArkanReb

B-17 HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2000, 01:21:00 AM »
Happens to me once in a while also Shade,most of the time no but it happens.Only thing I can think of is if ya have a joystick with twist rudder make sure ya don't twist   Other than that I have not been able to pinpoint problem.That is only thing I can think of when it happens to me.

------------------
     Arkanreb

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
B-17 HELP!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2000, 02:29:00 AM »
check your rudder input graph under setup>joystick settings

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline jehu

• Zinc Member
B-17 HELP!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
Auto pilot or auto speed?  Auto speed is auto with climb rate and speed management. If you switch to gunner while in that mode my experience is the plane will try to level. In essence auto pilot or level mode.  And I agree with others as well, could very well be a rudder issue. That’s my two cents.

[This message has been edited by jehu (edited 08-08-2000).]

eskimo

B-17 HELP!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »
I agree, souds like rudder.  Going to guns while in auto-angle and in a dive can also rip your outer wings off.  Hit F-3 and look at your plane if you think that this is possible.

eskimo

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
B-17 HELP!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
If you have a really loose joystick in the center range, you might want to increase your deadband--but only as little as you need.  This may cut down on the unwanted rolling when you are in the guns.