Author Topic: A couple of Questions...  (Read 617 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
A couple of Questions...
« on: January 19, 2000, 03:06:00 AM »
Sigh, i am affraid that this will be kinda a long post    

I have a couple of questions I need answered, i looked for some info on the AH site itself, as well as on the board...found lots'O tips, but no answer to these:

1-Flight Envelope

-Trrrrrr, Trrrrrr, Trrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hear that sound either when I try to pull too high when taking off, so , I figured that I was going near a Stall. OK
later on, flying at about 10K ft, I got into a couple of turns, with the F4U, and when i splitted Essed, I heard that sound again..since I was going for the ground at aproximately 350kias....I thought "this can't be a Stall warning...".

So My question is: Does the TRRRRRR sound include different kinds of warnings, or is it just a "you are getting out of the envelope" warning ?

Is there a similar sound in real life planes , or is this just something in the Sim that helps us go through the loss of "inertia" feeling ?

2-In flight Comms

Looking at the Dot commands, i see that you can go through different Comms Channels, Fair enough, 1 for All, 2 for Country... Now I also see (and was invited to do so during a flight) that you can go to different set channels , like ie "Radio 2 110"...ok there again, this would mean that you can go to frequencies that , well, only the posple on the same frequency would hear. Thing is that I didn't see any chages in the "chat" bars...even after I moved to an agreed channel.

Does this have something to do with my Next question ? :

I noticed in the Key mapping that there is a use for a "T" key, Are there some Voice Comms implemented in Game? (Roger Wilco like....) So that, ie you set yourself on "Radio Channel 3 115" and could actualy SPEAK to the guys on the same Channel pressing the "T" key ??? That would be Great ! (presently using RW and it works verry well with AH, could even Alt Tab out of AH to get on another IP !!!)

3-Flaps

I tried this about ten times yesterday, but couldn't decide yet whitch was best...

When Flying the B17, Taking off from a "Not on a hill" Runnway, I tried different Flaps settings, and it was stil verry hard for me to get enough lift to stay in the air  for the following minute right after Take off (Damn hill in front of me, sigh     )

So, the question is : Can I use flaps to get some extra lift (ie, Helping me go UP), or will it slow me down to much and prevent me from going up ? (I have never flown a real plane, and this varies from one sim to another...)

4-Joystick

-I have been setting up my Joystick a couple of times now, lowered the bars as much as I could without flying straight    ...but it seems that I still can't use it to 100%,meaning, when I pull to about 75%, I can see the spike going up suddenly all the way up...(Tried this for all: Pitch, Roll...)

I know I need that Joystick to be as smooth as possible to get the "nicest" turns that I can....Help ! (CH F16 Fighterstick )

Sorry for this long post,

PS : No more "B17 defending the Runway", promise...

PPS : I forgot to ask : The colours in the Chat bar, are they related to countries or to Radio Channels ?

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 01-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 01-19-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A couple of Questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2000, 04:00:00 AM »
 Go here-> http://home.att.net/~stickworks/  and get the CFTJ stick utility,it does an excellent job of fine tuning your stick.

------------------
}]
 JG2 "Richthofen"

214CaveJ

A couple of Questions...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2000, 04:53:00 AM »
If you exceed the max angle of attack for your wings the air flowing over them will no long flow smoothly, hence the wing will stall and you get a stall warning.  Dinnae apply so much back pressure, you're trying to pull the nose around faster than the bird can go (laymans' terms I guess =)

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
A couple of Questions...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2000, 05:47:00 AM »
1. The 'Stall horn' is indeed a (artificial) audio AOA feedback, since you can't get the RL feedback into the sim.

2. The radio channels:
   1 (gray): common channel.
   2 (green): country channel.
   3 (purple) 'room' channel (inflight vs. in tower).
   4 (red): squad channel.
   100 to 199 (yellow): Country channels (all people in the same country tuned to the same channel can listen).
   200 to 299 (yellow): Common channels (everyone tuned to the same channel can listen).
   callsign (white): private channel, only the player with the id 'callsign`' receives messages.
   (Blue): god mode channel, this channel is used by HTC employees when theyare open to questions (note: if HT is talking on country channel he doesn't want to answer sim questions  ).

To tune a channel you have to use the .radio dot command - syntax .radio <radio number> <channel>
E.g. ".radio 1 saintaw" would tune radio 1 to talk to you in private.

The colours in the radio bar are directly related to the colours above.

The voice comms aren't in the game yet but a implementation is planned (afaik a cooperation with RW).

3. Don't use flaps on takeoff, only for landings (full flaps then).

Az

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
A couple of Questions...
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2000, 06:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the tips (especially Comms tip), aaahhhh, this makes it much more clear now !!!  

Will be there again tonight, but, huhg...sleeping 4 hours/night is getting it's toll on me  

20's are way past  ...

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

combat23

A couple of Questions...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2000, 07:36:00 AM »
Saintaw,

you can get the stall warrning sounds at any speed as the stall is related to angle of attack on the wings more than speed.

see ya on line