Author Topic: Ho Dweeb Post  (Read 430 times)

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« on: December 31, 2004, 09:41:54 PM »
Wow. I just read a post about an easy kill who got slammed for taking it. As an old fart geezer with slow reflexes playing this game, let me just state I wish I had an AFK icon cuz I could do some killing then (maybe).

I am soooo bad in a fighter that when I shoot someone down I want to get on 200 and say "Dude, you must suck".

Seriously, is there a scenario when I should just fly by and waive the peace sign? It's hard to understand all these "rules" of war sometimes.

I can see staying out of a fight between two good players, but even then I have trouble figuring out whether that fellow player needs my help.

I guess I look at this game as somewhat realistic in that there are goals and objectives. I don't fight to compare skills, I fight to survive. My theory is if I let this straight-and-level live, he is going to chase me down and kill my old butt.

I'm getting better (which means I don't fire at 6K anymore :), but I still don't have the confidence in my skills to pass up a pigeon.

I hope in advance I don't piss anybody off. But while my perspective on the game may be different, it ain't like I snuck into a private arena and took a cheap shot. When your flying in the MA, and go AFK or fail to check your 6, there is an assumed risk there.

My2cWorth...Happy Flying

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 12:16:34 AM »
I'm getting better (which means I don't fire at 6K anymore , but I still don't have the confidence in my skills to pass up a pigeon.

LOL:lol

sounds to me like your  doing just fine, only you dont cry when ya die. Get used to it, it can get worse depending on which AH imortal you might happen to shoot down.

Just my 14.95 worth:aok
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Re: Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 01:54:23 AM »
Originally posted by Anchor

I can see staying out of a fight between two good players, but even then I have trouble figuring out whether that fellow player needs my help.

If the enema isn't right on my countryman's six, I circle overhead and ask before jumping in.  And, I always appreciate when others do the same when I'm the one tangling with a baddy.  People don't ask often enough here, though.  :rolleyes:

:)

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 05:03:11 AM »
Let em get upset when they die. No matter how you kill them. You are correct, The object is to kill the enemy. Be it killing them when there afk or not. Dismiss there stupid whines. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Besides NO ONE CARES how they die. If they just keep there mouth shut only 2 or 3 people would even know they died. But they jump on 200 and start crying about it. Most just sit at there PC's and giggle at there stupidity for anouncing it on 200.
:)
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Re: Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 03:43:04 PM »
Originally posted by Anchor

Seriously, is there a scenario when I should just fly by and waive the peace sign? It's hard to understand all these "rules" of war sometimes.

I guess I look at this game as somewhat realistic in that there are goals and objectives. I don't fight to compare skills, I fight to survive. My theory is if I let this straight-and-level live, he is going to chase me down and kill my old butt.

My2cWorth...Happy Flying

Treat it just like you would for real.  Attitudes and opinions of real fighter pilots were as varied (sometimes from day to day) as ours are.  Mostly its kill or be killed, except that in real life, if they killed the guy in their gunsites, it was to prevent him coming back tomorrow and doing the same to them.  Obviously here, that option has been removed.

I can remeber reading an excerpt from a book (although I dont remember the title or the author) from a P47 pilot who was shot up and was trying to make it back to England in his wounded bird.  A lone German fighter latched on to him, and fired several rounds point blank into his 6.  The only thing that saved him was the armor plate behind the pilot, and he said he could feel the rounds impacting.  The German then flew up alongside the cockpit, looked at him, and fell back in behind, letting him have it again.  This process was repeated to at least a third or maybe a fourth time before he came up alongside the badly stricken plane, gave the P47 pilot a salute and winged over and left.  The German still tried to kill him first, but afterwards felt an was more appropriate.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Re: Re: Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 04:08:55 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
I can remeber reading an excerpt from a book (although I dont remember the title or the author) from a P47 pilot who was shot up and was trying to make it back to England in his wounded bird.  A lone German fighter latched on to him, and fired several rounds point blank into his 6.  The only thing that saved him was the armor plate behind the pilot, and he said he could feel the rounds impacting.  The German then flew up alongside the cockpit, looked at him, and fell back in behind, letting him have it again.  This process was repeated to at least a third or maybe a fourth time before he came up alongside the badly stricken plane, gave the P47 pilot a salute and winged over and left.  The German still tried to kill him first, but afterwards felt an was more appropriate.

The book is Thunderbolt! by the late Robert S. Johnson.  :)

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 04:41:14 PM »
Kill them - nothing like a so called "expert" whining on chan200 about how you dared to shoot him down because well, he wasn't ready, or was picking his nose, or you didn't make an appointment, or your people didn't call his people and it's all so unfair and now he isn't going to give you a S! for your kill so there!!!

Just kill them......

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 05:02:38 PM »
yup!  to what  Tbolt, hondo, doob, SoA and schaden said!!!!!!!  ad them all together thats what i say too!!  :)

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
Ho Dweeb Post
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 05:57:21 PM »
Originally posted by tactic
yup!  to what  Tbolt, hondo, doob, SoA and schaden said!!!!!!!  ad them all together thats what i say too!!  :)

Well, that does make the rule book smaller :)