Author Topic: Joining Squads. Loners etcetera  (Read 544 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Joining Squads. Loners etcetera
« on: September 16, 2000, 12:30:00 PM »
Joining a squad is fine, but what if the squad you want doesn't exist yet? I'm talking with a friend about forming an RAF bomber group. But I'm also still thinking about the monthly cost of A-H  

It would be nice if the loners could still take the game seriously, but that is made difficult when those in the squads don't pay us any attention. I saw a squad doing some nice work on an enemy field yesterday, but trying to get any info on the progress or what was needed next was impossible. I think they wanted to keep the assault to their squad alone. But that means a loner has to go off and do his own thing. Maybe useful for the overall strategic goals, but probably not. So, the game suffers (strat goals) and the community suffers (one more person less likely to stick it out).

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
Oops, sorry, clicked the wrong button. This was meant as a reply to Ammo's post in the "Unwritten rules" thread...

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited 09-16-2000).]

eskimo

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2000, 01:22:00 PM »
Viking,
If you ever see a bunch of Buccaneers flying together, we may not respond to what you or anyone else says, not because we are trying to keep to ourselves, but because we don't read the text buffers.

Our squad, and many others, have a verbal comunications link going while we are flying as a squad.  Most squads use RW (Roger Wilco).  13 of the Buccaneers live in the same area code (Colorado Spring) so we use our second phone lines and make a giant conference call.  The other 3 Bucs use RW, and we will have a few of us hooked into the phone come and RW.  
Anyway, the point is that if you have a verbal com with a bunch of other guys, you tend to not notice the text buffer.
If we have not yet established a phone com and are using the text buffer, we tend to just pay attention to the red (Squad) text.

People aren't being rude, they just don't notice everything.

I (and many others) do not multi-task very well, and type with 2 figers and need both eyes to type.   So, I almost never type in the combat zone, because I can't.

eskimo

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
If you're looking for an organized action, keep an eye on the Mission Board (Map/Mission).  The Knights (Zigrat mostly) often run organized missions that are open to everyone.  You might think about setting up a mission yourself.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2000, 09:10:00 AM »
When I'm flying tight formation, engage or on a JABO raid I am simply too busy to read the text buffer very much.  It is often not rudeness, it is just being very busy.  

Good Luck!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"Who's next?"
Naso