Author Topic: C47 and skill question...  (Read 471 times)

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
C47 and skill question...
« on: June 12, 2000, 07:11:00 PM »
Hey all! I started AH this last thursday and love it so far, but have couple of questions about scoring.

Apparently, I have killed a Spit 9 whilst flying the Gooney Bird! How is this possible? I would really like to know.

The other question involves scoring. Is it accurate? I am credited with around six fighters, which seems accurate, but 9 bombers? That seems incorrect to me.

In addition, how does the scoring number work? I have 421 last I checked. Are higher scores better? Lower scores? Is this a good score? Thanks!

Finally, I would like to find out when it would be easiest for me to get some training, because whoah! I keep dying!  

------------------
"If I told you that there were a squadron of fighters waiting to pounce the moment you fired at me, would you believe me?"

"No."

"Er... how about just one then?"

[This message has been edited by ispar (edited 06-12-2000).]

ArkanReb

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2000, 08:06:00 PM »
Hello ispar,
glad to here your enjoyin the game and welcome.I'll take a shot at answering your questions.

Concerning the how can you kill spit while in 47:he probably augered making a pass on you thus you were givin credit for a manuver kill.

Your score may show more bomber kills than the number of bombers you shot down because kills of c47's-m16's-and panzers are included under bomber kills.

The lower your number for score the better.But do yourself a favor and don't worry about score to much.You'll enjoy the game even more  

Far as the best time for getting help in training I'm not sure.I'd guess 5-7(est) on weekdays.

Hope this helped ya out some.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2000, 06:55:00 AM »
Ispar,

To find a trainer, pop into the Training Arena and look at the roster, trainers will have "Aces High Training Corps" as their squad.  Get on channel 1 and ask about training.

Or, go to the Main Arena, and ask on channel 1 to meet a trainer in the TA.  If a trainer sees the message, he will respond.

Or, post your email address here, and the best times for you to meet a trainer in the TA, and someone will respond.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2000, 12:10:00 PM »
Ispar,

Drop me a line at ftgcss@home.com and we'll set up sometime in the Training Arena.

Sharky

------------------
Playboy Leader
307th FS/31st FG
You can run but ya just die tired

funked

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2000, 05:51:00 PM »
"The other question involves scoring. Is it accurate? "

No.

eskimo

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
Scoring is perfectly accurate.  It's just not  a perfect reflection of pilot skill or ability.  My squad has 12 "pretty good" regulars of eaqual abilities, but our scores are pretty spread out.  

eskimo