Author Topic: question about MA  (Read 471 times)

Offline sinkhole

• Zinc Member
question about MA
« on: February 14, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
How do you see missions is MA? And how do you join them? Is there a tutorial somewhere that describes how to fight in MA?

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
question about MA
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by sinkhole:
How do you see missions is MA? And how do you join them??
This one is easy. Bring up clipbaord and hit the 'Map' button which will take you to the maproom, then press the viewer button down on the bottom left. From there you can choose the flight you wish to take part in and press 'Select'. The mission will auto-start you in the correct plane, airfield, loadout provided you arent in the air at the time the mission starts.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that describes how to fight in MA?

Not really, but their are plenty of web-pages around dedicated to this sort of thing. Try Fletchmans pages http://members.home.com/mefletcher/acm.html
or read Shaws book "Fighter Combat : Tactics and Maneuvering" ISBN 0870210599. You can get it from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0870210599/qid%3D982200153/107-0665493-8744558

Or see if you can get a trainer to spend some time with you in the training arena

-------------------------
Spatula

=357th Pony Express=

From the Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord.
Mental note # 21
"I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi stormtroopers, Roman footsoldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set."

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline sinkhole

• Zinc Member
question about MA
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 09:11:00 PM »
Ok thanks. Would it be unnacpetable to just jump in any plane in MA that isn't part of a mission?

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
question about MA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2001, 02:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by sinkhole:
Ok thanks. Would it be unnacpetable to just jump in any plane in MA that isn't part of a mission?

Not sure what you mean there. You are free to fly whatever you want, whenever you want, where ever you want. At least untill the Perk Planes come out.

You can tag along on missions in a plane that wasnt part of the mission plan, but you had better ask the mission organiser if thats ok.

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline sinkhole

• Zinc Member
question about MA
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2001, 04:26:00 AM »
Yeah, that's what I meant, that you could fly anywhere on your own.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
question about MA
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
bring up clipboard while in the tower (esc ) then go to map room  , then click veiwer , click on the mission commanders name you want to join , then pick a plane u want to fly and click on "accept"  then wait for the mission to aut launch .
most people dont want to read how to do some of this stuff, You should be commended for wanting to read up  <SALUTE>