Author Topic: How to view gunsite in Ostwind film?  (Read 329 times)

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
How to view gunsite in Ostwind film?
« on: February 26, 2005, 07:07:31 AM »
Is there a secret key sequence to get the gunsite view or is this a bug that you can't see the gunsite?  Maybe this belongs in the fim viewing group, but all I want to do is look at where rounds fired are going relative to the planes.  Any clues are much appreciated.

Regards,

Malta

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »
I don't use the gunsight, I raise the pov till I'm looking over the gunshield

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:09:01 PM »
I raised the gun turret POV in the 'gunner' position and used the mouse pointer as well.  What I was referring to, was that in a film (i.e. when you film yourself in a gv) all I get is the 'drivers' view.  Maybe that is because I used the raised turret POV 'gunner' position when making the film in an Ostwind.   It would be interesting to be able to see a view other than that recorded, but since the raised gunner POV is not a 'view' I think the current version of the film viewer will not get me where I want to be.

I recorded the film when using a raised gunner POV, now I want to view the film and look out the gunsight.  Looking out the raised turret from a raised gunner POV would be neat too, but I don't think that works.

Nevermind.

Regards,

Malta

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 08:32:34 PM »
In films you can set the viewer to either keep the saved views or ignore them.  I think the default has just changed, so may need to check which option is set.  Hope that helps.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun