Author Topic: VOX help  (Read 218 times)

Offline AckEater

• Zinc Member
VOX help
« on: March 05, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »
No matter what I do I can't seem to get vox to work at all .... no send or receive.

I can record and listen out of game on the wave recorder in windows so my hardware is working ok.

I changed my ingame prefs ... wav file mic clicks etc. ... I,ve tried as many comb. of the controls as I can come up with.

I can hear myself in my headphones when I speak over the mic but it isn't broadcast to anyone else.

I disabled all firewalls internet security virus protection ... etc before I load the game.

I tried the RESETV 1 2 3 in different combo's ... no help.

ONCE ... just once ... in the TA I did manage to get mic clicks for a minute.

Any ideas ??? I'm stumped.

I would at least like to hear VOX.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
VOX help
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 12:10:31 PM »
"I can hear myself in my headphones when I speak over the mic but it isn't broadcast to anyone else."

Do you always hear what you say or just when you are tuned to yourself to test it? You shouldn't hear yourself, you may have to go into Windows and 'mute' the mike for playback [ I think thats it ]
The only time you should really hear yourself, and this is a good way to check your vox settings, is when your tuned to yourself. Type your gameID into the V radio in the message window or the dot command .radio 5 [your gameID]. Use t to transmit and you'll transmit to yourself.
Sidenote- make sure your sound hardware acceleration is set to 3/4 max, you can do this thru the DxDiag utility, under 'sounds'.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54