Author Topic: Throttle Wont Work  (Read 181 times)

Offline JANDCBEAR

• Zinc Member
Throttle Wont Work
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:11:58 AM »
I AM NOT USING A JOYSTICK, JUST A MOUSE AND THE TROTTLE WONT WORK ON MY KEYBOARD, I EVEN TRIED REMAPPING THE THROTTLE UP AND THROTTLE DOWN FUNCTIONS TO OTHER KEYS AND THEY STILL DONT WORK. THE PROP RPM WORKS THOUGH. HELP!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:35:08 AM by JANDCBEAR »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Throttle Wont Work
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »
The mouse scroll wheel is your throttle. If you don't have a mouse scroll, you have to unmap that function from your mouse (in select joystick) in order for the throttle to work on the keyboard.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline JANDCBEAR

• Zinc Member
Throttle Wont Work
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 02:22:58 PM »
THANKS A BUNCH MAN

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Throttle Wont Work
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »
The game is designed to not operate when the capslock key is on.
:)  Just kidding but honestly, there is no need to yell. Caps indicates yelling.
OOZ has it spot on, for a wheel mouse the wheel is the actual throttle.
I would also suggest a joystick for a few reasons. IF your just learning how to mouse fly AND play AH, you're trying to learn two very hard things and making learning them both twice as hard. You do not need a million dollar joystick. A basic 4 button stick with a hat switch for views will work nicely. Its more natural and then you can concentrate on learning AH.
If you have mouse flying experience and are good at it you can use a mouse but IMO learning both at the same time will only get you frustrated.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54