Author Topic: Damage transfer bug STILL with us  (Read 895 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Damage transfer bug STILL with us
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:31 PM »
This is what usually happens.

Your lead buff (#1) gets catastrophically damaged, as soon as you bail to the next plane the damage follows you across, and so on to #3.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 05:06:19 PM »
This has, as nearly as I can tell, only happened when I bailed from gunner positions. Having seen some consistency in that, I try to first jump back to the pilot's seat in the lead plane, then bail out, then immediately back to the gunner's position in the next plane. Having tried that, no damage carry over so far.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 05:34:27 PM »
Originally posted by Dantoo

With respect to you and your comments - you are wrong.  Either that, or the other people posting here are all suffering from the same delusions.  Just because it didn't happen to you on the trip you specify doesn't prove a thing.  From your post it seems that you have been a victim in the past?  Given that, you would understand the frustration.  I therefore don't understand your motivation to post in here saying "it's fixed" after reading testimony to the contrary.

Each buff run to a strategic target is a large investment in time and effort.  You do everything to maximise your chance to arrive at the target and hit it.  Travelling 30 minutes and taking a single ack hit which causes a fire which kills all three is teeth gnashing pain.

I understand why you are upset.  And as I said, it happened to me in the past.  But for *me*, since the latest patches, I havent had that problem.  And I've been flying into some pretty hot fights and bringing home some battered bombers.

Classic Internet...you're misreading my text.  I'm not poking fun at you or anything else.  I'm contributing to a thread of interest and telling you that I havent seen this happen in a while.

If you caught it on film and HiTech has it now, great!  Maybe he can determine what variables make the problem flare up.

I'm not wrong, my experience has varied from yours.  Calling anyone who disagrees with you "wrong" isnt going to win the debate.

Offline greyghostII

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 05:50:03 PM »
Hubsonfire says:

"This has, as nearly as I can tell, only happened when I bailed from gunner positions. Having seen some consistency in that, I try to first jump back to the pilot's seat in the lead plane, then bail out, then immediately back to the gunner's position in the next plane. Having tried that, no damage carry over so far."

That is really strange that you can bail from the gunners postion, because I cannot. Never have been able to since AHII came out I have tried, but as you say, I  have to go back to cockpit to bail. When I do go back to cockpit, it is always in the #1 plane, if I am in a drones gun postion.

Funny thing about this bug is that I can go days without it showing up, then, as yesterday, go through set after set of Bombers. It happened at least 4 times to me yesterday. I usually wait until I am engaged to record, to make shorter recordings. Unfortunately, when I am slicing and dicing, it gets forgotten. Especially when the bugs doing the slicing and dicing to me :eek:

As for you LePaul, I did not take negatively what you posted, only that because this bug is intermittent I am not surprised you have not experienced it.

Plumbit

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 07:12:05 PM »
You were very corgal in your response.  I appreciate that.

I was trying to relate that to Dantoo...but sometimes things get misread.

Anyways, I'll be up flying in a few hours (work nights).  :)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »
Originally posted by greyghostII

That is really strange that you can bail from the gunners postion, because I cannot. Never have been able to since AHII came out yadda yadda
Plumbit [/B]

Hmm, interesting. I'm preparing to log in now, I'll check my key mappings and such, and try some bombing/bailing runs (on the off chance that it's a setup issue).  I'll try to film any bomber runs, maybe we can nail this down soon.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 08:36:51 AM »
Yes it is an itermitant bug but for me it almost always happenes in the 26's.
   And yes this has nothing to do with divebombing bombers because I don't divebomb with mine, in fact I was upset when they changed the calibration method  into this easy mode we now have. I don't think anyone could be more dedicated to lvl bombing than someone who wants the old method back. :D

(  Note this is not a serious complaint about the calibration mode, I have already made my fealings on that subject known a long time ago. And I accept the method we now have as the way it will be. )  

So please stay on topic. thank you. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Fixed!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 09:55:13 PM »
Fixed a bug that was caused drones to inherit damage from the lead plane under certain cirumstances with a slower connection to the host.

Thanks!

Strangely enough I was about to post my latest observations when I saw there had been an update.  I spotted the quoted statement in the bug fixes.

Not that they matter now but here were the observations:

1.  The damage transfer only occurs in the presence of lag (the amount not quantifiable by me)
2. It seems to occur because the attacker's hit packets "live" beyond the life of the target plane.
3. The server takes a hit packet and applies it to the plane you are presently in - not necessarily the one he was shooting at.

This was tested by bailing rapidly from plane to plane vs delaying.  Typically when attacked by a "firing it all at you N1kki" the damage transfer problem occurred.  When attacked more cautiously the problem wasn't as much in evidence.  Interestingly this is also the reason that a single front on 500 mph pass by a P51 could kill all 3 bombers.  Pilot Kill + Pilot Kill + Pilot Kill = Hangar in about a quarter of a second.

The clue to look for a lag issue came from an incident that brought at least a wry smile from me.  Attacking a V Base I was shot down by an Osti (bang bang bang style).  I immediately respawned at the field 25 miles away and the Osti recommenced killing me!  Think he got 4 kills on me in less than 2 seconds - not a bad return! Let's face it - a 25 mile killing shot in an Osti is a GREAT kill.

My hopes for a fix really skyrocketed when I was attacked by a P38 recently.  I had 2 bombers left and the 38 attacked one and instantly got both (bang, bang).  I suppose he was surprised.   Hitech, nice pair of kills mate!

:aok
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »
First, thanks HT et al for fixing the damage transfer.

Up a Typhoon and saddle up on the center bomber as he calibrates.  Blow him up and while you pass through the flame and smoke, keep firing as you come through, the next bomber has moved into your bullets and quickly pops.  The poor bomber pilot won't be able to tell what hit him on his front end.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 10:46:16 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001