Author Topic: Sound of footsteps, forest sounds  (Read 387 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Sound of footsteps, forest sounds
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:40:37 AM »
The new trees and grasses/bushes clumps are really nicely done.   I  ditched into a wooded area last night and it seem very realistic coming down between the trees and then mowing over the grasses as I slid to a stop.

I exited the a/c and started toward the town, and noticed the different types of trees (birch is one I recognized).

Anyway to make the experience complete, we need to have footstep sounds as we walk/run around.    And forest background sounds like croaking frogs or crickets, and the occasional bird call would really enhance being on the ground.   These sounds would be nice to hear if you are in a GV with the motor shut off too.

Really impressed with the forested areas now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sound of footsteps, forest sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »
Originally posted by oboe

Anyway to make the experience complete, we need to have footstep sounds as we walk/run around.    And forest background sounds like croaking frogs or crickets, and the occasional bird call would really enhance being on the ground.   These sounds would be nice to hear if you are in a GV with the motor shut off too.

Really impressed with the forested areas now.

I could do without the crickets though not for any particular reason.
What I would like to see, or hear as the case may be.
Is the sound of breaking branches and snapping twigs as a GV moves through the brush and forests. Particularly when sitting in a GV myself while in wait of an approching GV.

Course these sounds shouldnt be hear when its moving across clear terrain
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty