Author Topic: Last night's A2 Battle!  (Read 627 times)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 05:30:34 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
Yeah, he's saying while most of the Knight force was attempting to take A2 for 4 hours, the rest of the map was getting hammered by the Rooks & Bish.

I know we lost 8 bases alone just in the time it took for the Knights to finally get A2:(

Big waste of manpower IMO,  it's their $14.95 so what can I say.

4 hours? wow alot longer than that!

So who won the reset last night?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 05:40:52 PM »
Yeah, he's saying while most of the Knight force was attempting to take A2 for 4 hours, the rest of the map was getting hammered by the Rooks & Bish.

I know we lost 8 bases alone just in the time it took for the Knights to finally get A2:(

What we need is a meeting. Gather the generals together along with the other high ranking Knight officials and see what we can do about becoming more organized efficient toolshed killers.

The wasted man power, not to mention time spent over meaningless fighting is out of control these days.

I see all these planes in the air and they AREN'T carrying BOMBS!!! Half of them never even get to the bad guys bases to shoot at the hangers!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »
Target Fixation!!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2005, 05:50:26 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
What we need is a meeting. Gather the generals together along with the other high ranking Knight officials and see what we can do about becoming more organized efficient toolshed killers.

The wasted man power, not to mention time spent over meaningless fighting is out of control these days.

I see all these planes in the air and they AREN'T carrying BOMBS!!! Half of them never even get to the bad guys bases to shoot at the hangers!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, morph, the no-skill furballers are just ruining this game, just stick stirring slobberdonkeying all over the place.  :)

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »

We lost 8 bases? :eek:

Ah, are you implying that there is actually some people who take this map conquering/winning reset stuff seriously?

What do you get for winning a reset? Perkie points I think.  I haven't flown a perk plane in a long long time.  Like what's the point?  I have taken up a jet now n then, but by and large, I don't find the jets that much fun .  Maybe because I don't fly them much.  I just checked my stats, the closest thing I have flown to a perk ride seems to be the LA7, I have 6 kills in it.  I flew some jets about a year or so ago as AKff.  HT doesn't force me to fly perk rides so it is a non-issue for me.

I just want to log on, join in some mindless furballing, cherry picking, vulching, gang banging, horde monkeys hitting a base, and other arcadish junk.  Then log off when my fun meter is pegged.

Works for me :)

Your mileage may vary  :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 06:16:14 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 06:39:31 PM »
On this size map who cares if they take a few bases, on the whole it doesn't matter that much, no one reset last nite. Being the outgunned underdog defending a base is a lot of fun, guaranteed action, but it's a choice like everything else.

On these big maps, if you can get 10 or so players together, it's easy to find a spot to go get some rolling captures, our squad does it too, bfd.  Usually doesn't make a bit of difference, except to the toolsheds.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 06:46:30 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

I say we then obliterate everyone in this meeting with a divebombing formation of suicide Lancasters.  Oh, the irony.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »
While were at it, lets get the Generals from the Bishops and Rooks there too in a summit meeting and get them all with one formation of suicide Lancs.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 07:44:38 PM »
I must admit I was part of this fight at A2 last night, but I joined it later on.  The most notable event to me was T2Maw who DROVE a M-3 all the way down the hill from 21 to A2's town.  I still laugh about him driving an M-3 over a sector, and the amazing effort this took.  I would have never done such a feat.  He sat in the trees hiding till we could get a group of bombers together to knock down the town.  I feel bad it didn't work however since a lone spitty straffed at least one of the troops.  It was shortly after this that the procession of C47's came down the hill and eventually captured the base.  I have not seen a drive like that before, and felt it deserved recognition.  WTG T2Maw, for dedication and doing something completely different.

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »
Do whatever it is you enjoy.

It's a game.

Your supposed to have fun.

I do.

I love this game.

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:21 PM »
Originally posted by TracerX
I must admit I was part of this fight at A2 last night, but I joined it later on.  The most notable event to me was T2Maw who DROVE a M-3 all the way down the hill from 21 to A2's town.  I still laugh about him driving an M-3 over a sector, and the amazing effort this took.  I would have never done such a feat.  He sat in the trees hiding till we could get a group of bombers together to knock down the town.  I feel bad it didn't work however since a lone spitty straffed at least one of the troops.  It was shortly after this that the procession of C47's came down the hill and eventually captured the base.  I have not seen a drive like that before, and felt it deserved recognition.  WTG T2Maw, for dedication and doing something completely different.

hhahahaha When he started pinging me in my osti  I thought damn they too the base and an ack is hitting me. Then I realised the ack would not shoot me in the town. I just about sh... when I finally saw him. my turret was gone so it was pintle guns at 10 paces...

I had thicker armour