Author Topic: A CT Staffers thoughts for upcoming setups  (Read 386 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
A CT Staffers thoughts for upcoming setups
« on: May 11, 2005, 03:13:15 PM »
I was asked by TheBug if I wouldn't mind posting the setups I have in various stages of planning for the future. As a reserve CT Staff member I don't roll up to the plate that often but when I do here is the series of setups I am looking into running.

I know I am going to take some heat on a couple of these but so what.

• Soccer War: Last time on the Perdonia map it was a fun and widely flown setup with lots of griping in the beginning.
  • Operation Bodenplatte
  • CV's only battle....not sure if it would work but am checking it out.
  • Revised CBI Theater with closer bases and late war aircraft.
  • What if the Germans rolled up North Africa and pushed into Russia from the south?
  • remake of the ever popular Hungary map 1944
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:30:21 PM »
Thanks for the post Reschke, appreciate it.

Couple more questions.  :)

So your plan would be to continue the CT with it's traditional setups, with maybe a couple of small tweaks?  Nothing is broke and no major changes are needed.

What in specific do you feel will generate the greatest draw in numbers from what you are planning?  Or do you just feel the numbers issue is just  a cyclical thing and they will go up on their own.  

No wrong answers just want to get your take on things.  Thanks for taking the time.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »
Hmmm yes and no. Of course there needs to be tweaks and yes the CT has issues. Mostly I think the biggest change would be to change the name of the arena. Traditional setups are something different and in part doing these or something is breaking with the "traditional" setups.

I think that these setups would allow for rolling planesets in the CBI, the what if German, Hungary and CV's only setups. However the CT needs to be actively promoted into the actual MA rather than just on the BBS.

I do believe the game is cyclical and as we are able to produce more maps we may see an increase of the player attendance. Its not a guarantee that will happen but it is a possibility.

As for MY feelings on the proposed "fighter town" setup. I personally don't like it how it has been presented. Why limit the way that I play the game with wind layers at a certain altitude. Hell there are times I play various games just to go for little flights and I never want to engage anyone or even attempt to do so. However I would take part in setup rather than blatantly blasting it like others on the board have done to past setups.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"