Author Topic: Holiday predictions:  (Read 821 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Holiday predictions:
« on: November 21, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
I'm not sure why my sleep last night was bombarded with these thoughts, but alas, I'll post them anyway:

Detroit Lions will win their first game of the season.

#11 8-2 Washington Huskies will go into #1 ranked Miami and upset them on their own home turf.

Bin Laden will be found and killed as a gift to the world.

Here's to "Wishful thinking"  ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate the holiday!

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
no, there will be some controversy and Detroit will lose by 1 point.  (remember the coin toss in overtime a few years ago???)

Sorry, but Washington has to lose and Colorado has to pull the upset over Nebraska.  Then Oregon falters against OSU and Florida beats Tennessee and Miami beats Va Tech.  Florida wins the SEC championship game, and Colorado then upsets Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game.  This sets up my preseason pick of Florida and Miami in the Rose Bowl.  LOL.  Nevermind, Detroit will beat Green Bay instead.   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
And your bin Laden prediction?  ;)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
#11 8-2 Washington Huskies will go into #1 ranked Miami and upset them on their own home turf.

The Oregon quarterback was asked if he'd be rooting for the Huskies to beat WSU and Miami.  He replied "I don't care who they are playing, I refuse to root for the Huskies."

That cracked me up :D

Personally, I'd like to see both teams lose.  Since that's not possible, I'll root for the Pac-10.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
bin Laden will make it through Thanksgiving.  Might even make it to Christmas.  Eventually, his own people will kill him, or he's gonna meet some of our special forces face to face, and frankly, I don't think they're gonna take him alive.  

As for Miami and Washington.  I hope the Huskies beat the ever-loving crap outta the damned Hurricanes.  I'd like my prediction to come true, just so I can be right, but damn it... F%#& the Hurricanes!!!   :D  I've pulled for Miami once, just ONCE and that was 1998 against UCLA so that we (FSU for those that haven't been paying attention) could go play Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl.  Harrington knows that not it's not just Miami ahead of his Ducks.   Oklahoma or Nebraska (unless they both lose, but that's not likely) is going to be in the Rose Bowl, and both Florida and Miami are ranked ahead of Oregon right now, so the Ducks need both Florida and Miami to lose.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
My holiday prediction? Raub will get really drunk, eat too much turkey, and pass out.

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
of all the above I see one I would prolly bet on!  GO RAUBS!!!  :D
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
I predict Fatty will envy the Turkey 'cause the bird got stuffed prior to cooking.

*G*  ;)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
Well dang it...  Nebraska loses and even Oklahoma loses!  Miami and Florida should be 1-2 in the BCS, and if not this week, then next week if they both win.

Detroit loses by 2 instead of 1.

Guess I wasn't too far off in my musings after all.   ;)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
Redskins won, Syracuse football and basketball teams won, and Raub definitely fulfilled his promise to get drunk and eat too much. It was a good weekend  :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
Well, Detroit was an "almost"...Huskies sucked..and Bin laden still at large...oh well, Kreskin is not out of a job yet.  ;)

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Holiday predictions:
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
And Texas is going to the BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!