Author Topic: Double speed offline bug  (Read 289 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:30:24 PM »
This has happened to me twice, and it may be related to CH Control manager (as it never happened before I installed that).

I'll go into the offline mode, and the frame rate shows like 26 or something. I usually get 70-75. When I take off, everything is moving at double speed. My plane, bullets, drones etc. I can crash, reup and it stays double speed. I have to completely quit the game and start again for it to go back to normal.

Anyway, this may or may not be bug - maybe just a machine problem. This ever happen to anyone else?

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:51:09 PM »
Nothing?

Well I can reproduce this bug at will and have a film of it. Its weird, when you film while its moving at double speed, the film looks half speed during normal playback.

Its something to do with that stutter step the drones do when first going into offline mode. I've a hunch currupted dated is getting loaded initialy.

That or there is a secret double speed practice level :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:58:29 PM by BTW »

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 10:47:09 PM »
BTW,

I saw a post a while back where someone had a similar problem.  Maybe your on to something with the CH software.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:32:50 AM »
I've been running CH Control Manager for ver a year and have not had this issue.

Does it happen ONLY offline?

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:22:45 AM »
Er yes. This is how it happens.  When I go offline in the Baltic arena, the drones make a little studder step just as the 190 D passes the runway. Now if I am flying close to the drones when they make the studder step, I go to double speed.

The only time I can get close to the drones for this jump, is the first time the game loads as the objects decompress slower the first time. So after rebooting, start AH2, go offline, up immediately NE,  fall in behind the p51, and you should jump to faster speed when the 190D passes the runway. After that, you can crash, exit to tower, change planes etc. and it will stay running at faster speed.

The only reason I brought this up is I'm wondering if it could be related to online micro stutters. I'm wondering if something corrupted is being sent or perhaps a buffer is over running writing to the video memory.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »
Might be something corrupted. Try downloading the maps from HTC and replacing them.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Double speed offline bug
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 06:36:14 PM »
Really, I'm not that interested in fixinig it. The double speed stuff makes for great target practice. I've even saved the version that does it in case they fix it :)