Author Topic: Me 110  (Read 435 times)

Offline Higgins

• Zinc Member
Me 110
« on: June 06, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »
Hi guys,

I usually fly the Mossie due to ENY value but took an ME-110 up with a buddy the other day.  I know in RL the issues with the plane but I was pleasantly surprised at its performance in AH.

A few questions we had if anyone can help is

1)  What speed does the 110 compress at?  Is it worst than the 109?

2)  How is the acceleration compared to the P-38 or Lightening at deck speeds?

3)  Can the 20mm or 30mm variant destroy GV's worth a hoot?

What is the biggest advantage or disadvantage on the G model in AH?

Thank you in advance for your time and replies.

Regards,

Higgins

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Me 110
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 05:03:23 PM »
Originally posted by Higgins

What is the biggest advantage>

guns

Originally posted by Higgins

or disadvantage?

stall
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Me 110
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:29:25 PM »
1> Dont know the number, but worse than a 109, especially as you cant trim out of it.

2> Acceleration is horrible. Once you lose energy on this thing, good luck getting it back in a hurry.

3> Unarmoured vehicles, sure. Open topped AA vehicles can be disabled at least. Heavy armour vehicles (IE Tanks) can only be disabled on a VERY good day.

The G2 makes a somewhat decent BnZer if you keep it fast. Weight helps it retain energy, though once it's gone it's gone.

Can do fairly well slow against something that isn't a dedicated turn-fighter. Biggest disadvantage is the large size makes it an easy target, and it has a fragile tail.

EDIT: Yeah, and dont stall the thing, ever. Any stall seems to become a snaproll, which seems to become a very flat spin.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Me 110
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »
Noooo! stay with the mossie!:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Me 110
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:49:56 PM »
110G is all about guns and ammo.

eskimo

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Me 110
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 05:54:32 PM »
Unfortunately this is true. It has just enough maneuverability to get those guns to bare in most situations.

Good advice with the 110g2 is take ANY shot given to you like it is the ONLY that will be given. 9 out of 10 that will be the case.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
Me 110
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »
BF 110 can really lay a swathe through lines of enemy armor; I had a run in the other night where dozens of GVs were attacking a field and the 110 was killing Pzs, Flaks and M16s and M3s.  Not Tigers, though.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Me 110
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 12:20:27 AM »
110 stalls fine. I've flown it, however, and habitually avoid the flatspinO'deathstall. If it DOES stall bad (normal stall/spin) you can also shut 1 eng off to help get out of it (then back on again! don't forget!)

The G2 has all the credit for ground kills, and for the 4x20mm and the 2x30mm (ps taking 4x20mm has speed/drag penalties, try just the 2x20mm option). However don't discredit the C-4. It's got 2x20mm MG/FF (get in close for hits) and 4x7mm (really good for sawing things in half!). It's also lighter than the G2 and can loop better (so it seems to me).

G2 accelerates okay with WEP. WEP really helps on those powerful engines. The C4 has weaker engines but is still competent in less-than-surrounded conditions.

G2 also has 2x rear MG17s, whereas C4 just has the single gun. Haven't gotten a kill with them since AH1, but it gives me hope lol

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
Rear guns
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 12:25:09 AM »
My poor gunner always seems to get his head split open in the first ping from a bad guy at the 6.  I spent a few harrowing seconds tonight squeezing my trigger, hitting F and space only to see the poor dude was dead.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Me 110
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 12:33:32 AM »
Yeeeaaaaah.. THat DOES seem to happen a lot. Part and parcel I suppose.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
Me 110
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 03:25:47 AM »
Mossie makes a better barbeque than the 110.