Author Topic: Recording Roger Wilco  (Read 602 times)

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
Recording Roger Wilco
« on: November 22, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Hi yall,

I like to make Flash movies out of missions me and my squaddies fly, using screenshots, some music and soundeffects from various games. Just last night, the battle got quite hot and my squaddies started to sound real nervous when yet another bandit made a pass. (we're a bombergroup, fly B17's). At one point we were yelling "get that bloody spit!"    "190 coming in! Kill him! Kill him!"    "SH*T I got hit bad!"    "I lost an engine!"    "THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!" and such....

So I was wondering... would any of you have any idea how I could record these voices on my computer, so I can copy and paste it into my Flash movies? Would there be some software that made this possible? I really hope it can be done...
Thanks a lot in advance.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Recording Roger Wilco
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
you can try using a recorder like Creative's Recorder (Included with Sound Blaster Live! software) and set it to record to "WHAT-U-HEAR" and it should do so.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Recording Roger Wilco
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
you can proberly get a plug-in for winamp,don't know how to do it,or if it's even possible

Offline Qnm

• Copper Member
      • http://no-such.net/WORK
Recording Roger Wilco
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2001, 11:11:00 PM »
You could make a delta out of your outline (where your speakers/headphones plug into), so that not only do your speakers get the output sound (as normally), but you can also use the delta (or T or Y, call it what you want) to loop the output back into your 'inline' plug.

Adjust your "Line In" sound volume (and mute microphone) to avoid burning the sound with distortion or simply caving your speakers/eardrums in.

It's now possible to record wih any program that "hears" your Line In. (Windows sound recorder the least of them (in the system32 folder ususally.. ~"sndrec32.exe"), winamp has a .wav-out generic plugin, etc)

0.02$ solution.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Qnm ]

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
Recording Roger Wilco
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll try all that. I appricicate it.