Author Topic: Headset settings  (Read 388 times)

Offline Llamafeeder

• Zinc Member
Headset settings
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »
Got a newbie question....
I been in the main arena a couple of times now, and I'm being told that my VOX is very weak....anybody know how I can adjust that?
Thanks. LF

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Headset settings
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
Easy fix. Use the Sound Recorder in Windows  Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainement>Sound recorder. Tweak the Mic volume until the playback sounds good to you. You may wanna try checking the "boost" option if that's available.

If you're still coming across as weak in the game, check the settings in AH Setup "voice"

Max

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Headset settings
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Headset settings
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »
If you know how, you can also tune the VOX to your own name and talk to yourself. Helpful on lonely nights........... :rofl
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Headset settings
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 05:25:17 AM »
Just type your own handle in the fifth radio box (voice chan) to tune private on your self.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Headset settings
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »
You know, that's a very good suggestion. At times folks have told me my vox is a little low but I wasn't sure how to check. In windows it's maxed out and has the dB boost enabled, and in AH I've tried putting it at 90% (to minimize extra noise on the mic), but had to put it back to 100% recently. Was never really sure how clear it was.

My problem is i have a cheap-o 2-cent mic (came with pc) and the stand is by the monitor, so unless I lean forward my signal will be low (mouth further away), and when I'm busy or bored I don't always lean forward.

Thanks for the "tune to yourself" tip, y'all.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Headset settings
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
My headset was 10 bucks at radio shack and has done well for 3 years. Even with the occasional sling across the room or rush for another beer while in auto climb and forgetting it's on my head. Never liked the stand mic I had before that.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"