Author Topic: In Our Darkest Hour. (Part 2)  (Read 686 times)

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
In Our Darkest Hour. (Part 2)
« on: September 15, 2001, 03:22:00 PM »
I just returned from my grandmothers funeral who passed away in Michigan Tuesday morning shortly before the attacks on America - hence my belated response to the thread.

I made some comments on Tuesday I feel deep regret for, there's no excuse but as an explanation I will say that during my outrage at the attack on the WTC and the Pentagon I saw the speeches by GWB and Tony Blair.

Mr Blairs speech was stirring and heartfelt while Mr Bush's speech was IMO lacking by comparison, my time in the military ingrained in me that you don't disappear in times of need and I wrongfully felt the US was being abandoned when it needed the presence of a strong leader.

I now realize that the Secret Service acted in the countrys best interests by moving GWB to a safe and undisclosed location and that prudence dictated he go along with those plans regardless of his own desires.

This will be my final post using the handle 'Jihad' and I will not play under it due to the connection it has to terrorist entities.

I assure you when I adopted the handle it was with no malice or relationship to any terrorist organization, some players already know what my reasoning was and I won't go into it.

Please accept my regret and apology for the comments I made, even though some responses were as much out of line as my own I won't respond to the personal attacks made as I deserved to be flamed for being an ass.
                                                        Regards, J Wenzel
                                                                                   USA

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
Takes a lot of class for anyone to admit they are wrong, especially in a public forum.  <S>

Sorry to hear of your loss as well.  I wish the best for you and your family.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 04:10:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your grandma.   :(
My condolences.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
You, Sir, are not the only one to speak of our current President as a coward.  The others have yet to understand the otter nonsense of their comments.

You have even come forward to explain why you made your comments and apologized.  For that I can only <S> you.  I am sure that in a political sense you and I have little in common.  In an American sense we are brothers.  <S>

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
I spoke of my disdain for you due to your posts. While I do not think my feelings were in error about what you wrote, my opinion of you as a person certainly seems to have been in error. I apologise.

<S>
Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2001, 06:18:00 PM »
sorry to hear about your Grandmother. May she rest in peace.

I salute your decision to change your handle.

<S>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
<S>
 miko

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
Gutts-o-Meter
<||||||||||>

It takes alot of guts to admite your wrong. SALUTE.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Hang tuff buddy. Keep that fire of rage burning bright... we will have need of it.

<S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
No problemo on my end.